Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Update - Step 1 is complete!

Before doing anything else, I had to upgrade the forum to the latest version of vBulletin 3, which I have now done. Nothing should seem different, so if you see anything different or unusual, please let me know.
    It looks like we will need an admin spam alert button on the forum.

‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Yes, there is a lot of spam coming through now. I have no idea why this is happening. But there's no need to report any of it - I see it and am deleting it as soon as I do.

Comment

Well, everyone, here we are! This is the latest version of vBulletin, complete with Like button! If you experience any problems, please let me know. If you can't post, let me know via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

A few things to note:
        1. Hopefully our recent spam problems are now solved. If not, I will tweak things until they are.
        2. I think there are problems with the search function - I will look into that.
        3. The old way of embedding YouTube videos was something I hacked in, and it no longer works. Old threads with embedded YouTube videos probably will not work at all. There is really nothing I can do about that, unfortunately. But there is a new way of embedding videos that you can use. When you are making a post, at the top of the editor with the buttons that allow you to bold text, etc., there is a button that looks like a piece of film - you can click that to embed a video.

Enjoy!

Comment

Well Done Chris!

I had to make another account , as Pearle. as I couldn't get in with my previous account which was Megan , I couldn't remember the password. But I am happy to stay as Pearle if you are.

Last edited by Pearle; 06-14-2021, 06:28 AM.

Comment

You are now a Junior Member, Megan!
            (Just testing to see if I can post!)

Well, it worked but my "big grin" smiley didn't work!
            Anyway, I have a nice round figure to start the new set-up - 3900 posts. (Grin)

Last edited by Michael; 06-14-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              You are now a Junior Member, Megan! .
              (Just testing to see if I can post!)

Well, it worked but my "big grin" smiley didn't work!
              Anyway, I have a nice round figure to start the new set-up - 3900 posts. (Grin)

Hi Mike, Yes, story of my life, start from the beginning, see how many brownie points I can amass this time.
              Navigating the forum is newish territory, but it won't take long to get used to it. I like a challenge.
              I don't think Chris has got the emoticons working yet.

Comment

This is great. I only saw the site down for upgrades late last night and now we are up and running. Thanks for the speedy changeover.
                "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
                --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Looks great! I didn't experience any issues at all.

Comment

Just checking if the built in Windows smileys work.

Nope!
                    Last edited by Sorrano; 06-14-2021, 01:42 PM. Reason: Result of test.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearle View Post
                      Well Done Chris!

I had to make another account , as Pearle. as I couldn't get in with my previous account which was Megan , I couldn't remember the password. But I am happy to stay as Pearle if you are.
                      I'm sure we can get your old account back to you. Did you use the option to recover a lost password?

Comment

Are the smilies not working? Let's see...

Ah, yes, they seem to be broken. I'll look into that too.

Comment

Smilies are fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

I'm sure we can get your old account back to you. Did you use the option to recover a lost password?

No. I tried to log in with my Megan account, but it didn't take me in, or accept my password, and this forum only gives you 5 goes to try and log in, once you have used up your 5 tries, then we have to wait I think for 15 minutes. I didn't notice an option to recover password, probably because I am to impatient. Another forum I go on is like that. But I'm ok with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                              Just checking if the built in Windows smileys work.

Nope!
                              They didn't work for me either, but when I looked at my post some hours later, they were all there. And they work this time.
                              And thanks for the "Like" button, Chris!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

They didn't work for me either, but when I looked at my post some hours later, they were all there. And they work this time.
                                And thanks for the "Like" button, Chris!!
                                Yes, the smilies were all broken - I had to fix them.

And I tried to get rid of the "Like" button, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it

Comment

Working...
                                X