Beethoven 3D portraits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven 3D portraits

Have I missed this before or this is recent? Here are the latest art from Hadi Karimi. These portraits are incredible in my opinion. After portraying Chopin, here is Beethoven.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Pog38o

That is an interesting portrait. I wonder if they could adjust the expression away from that perpetual scowl.

Comment

I think these are amazing and this is I'm sure a fairly accurate representation of the 1812 Beethoven. Thanks Paul.
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Since all those new portraits are based on the original life mask, I think we are stuck with the scowl.

(To be fair to Beethoven, when the mask was being made he was suffocating under the plaster and even ran out the door at one stage. Any wonder he looked browned off.)

Comment

I've heard it said that Mozart wrote for next Saturday; Beethoven wrote for eternity. If that is true (and it is), maybe he knew exactly what he was doing when he scowled into that bowl of stuff for his life mask? It might have been a bit of a cosmic joke, knowing that it very well may set the scowl into the imaginations of all the historians.

Comment

Originally posted by alittleviola View Post
            I've heard it said that Mozart wrote for next Saturday; Beethoven wrote for eternity. If that is true (and it is), maybe he knew exactly what he was doing when he scowled into that bowl of stuff for his life mask? It might have been a bit of a cosmic joke, knowing that it very well may set the scowl into the imaginations of all the historians.
            Yes - he might have been putting on the Serious Composer look for posterity.

Comment

Working...
            X