Mozart's requiem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mozart's requiem.

This is a theme from Mozart's requiem but I don't know the number of the movement it is from.

https://imgur.com/D6auudP

What could it possibly be?

Hi Enrique it's the Lacrimosa.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      Bingo!
      Zevy

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
        Maybe you also know the number that movement has in its score (or in a CD for that matter)?

Comment

The Lacrimosa is one of my favorite Mozart compositions. This piece is often used in the funeral masses of top Austrians who have passed away here. The first time I ever heard the Lacrimosa was in the film "Amadeus" and to this day I still love hearing it.
          "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
            Maybe you also know the number that movement has in its score (or in a CD for that matter)?
            Hi Peter. I downloaded the score from IMSLP.org and in 1 or 2 minutes found it. It is just before the offertorium. And it is so short! It employs corni di basseto, in F, so they are easy to read (the melody is in these instruments when it is not in the violins). And I was lucky enough to get an edition which is not made by electronic means but is like a photograph of the original (scanned, those created in a machine are horrible). Plus it only uses F in fourth and G in second clefs, as the edition was rather modern (1932, Eulenberg). Now when I get bored, I run my PDF reader and go to page 82.

Comment

Working...
            X