Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some strange reason (probably too much wine) I have been looking at my avatar for this forum and I have been wondering how much one's online deity affects the reception of one's postings. (Excuse the "one's". I sound like Her Majesty).

Anyway, I decided on my avatar about twenty years ago and (to pick just one example) Peter chose his around the same time. So,when Peter posts something, we see this stern, majestic Beethoven with a "no nonsense" visage.

However, when I post something - I have this cartoonish version of Beethoven looking as if anything I say cannot possibly make any sense.
    (Which, in the present situation is probably true. )

I'm sure that somewhere someone is writing a thesis on the influence of online avatars. However, I'm going to stick with mine.

On another website, my avatar is a guy in a space-suit. He occasionally talks about Beethoven - which I will keep doing until I run out of air.

I had never noticed the differences of the avatars that you and Peter use. I would hazard a guess that one would choose an avatar that reflects some semblance of personality. Yours does not surprise me. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
      I had never noticed the differences of the avatars that you and Peter use. I would hazard a guess that one would choose an avatar that reflects some semblance of personality. Yours does not surprise me. :-)
      Thanks ……. I think!

Comment

Hm, I wonder what that says about those of us without avatars?

Comment

Some of us just don't have any imagination.

Comment

Working...
          X