Classical concerts being streamed for free -

https://www.classicfm.com/music-news...s-coronavirus/
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Stay well and safe everyone.
      Fidelio

Must it be.....it must be

Comment

Alas, the performance of the Missa Solemnis I was supposed to go to on May 30 has now been cancelled. I had hoped we might be through this by then, but it appears not

Comment

Alas no, sorry to hear that Chris.

Garsington Opera have cancelled their season, I fear for Glyndebourne and the music festival at Chipping Campden.

So far I have had the Missa Solemenis at Oxford, Fidelio at ROH, Fidelio at Theater au du Wien (+ 2 other B concerts in Vienna), Concerts at Bridgwater Hall with the Halle, Royal Festival Hall and the Barbican.........all for the best I suppose. Sadly this anniversary year will be one to remember. At least my credit card is looking slightly healthier!
          Fidelio

Comment

I would imagine the BBC proms will not go ahead either, though not until July, we're unlikely to be out of this by then.
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Alas, the performance of the Missa Solemnis I was supposed to go to on May 30 has now been cancelled. I had hoped we might be through this by then, but it appears not
              Maybe some Beethoven celebrations can be brought forward to 2021 but I fully realise that there will be more important issues to overcome.

And there's another big Beethoven year in 2027. Let's hope the damn virus will be history by then and all of us will be here to appreciate it.

How's that for optimism? That's what Beethoven does for me.

Stay well, everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                I would imagine the BBC proms will not go ahead either, though not until July, we're unlikely to be out of this by then.
                Good point Peter. I'm not booking anything at the moment, although couldn't resist Barenboim at the RFH in January 2021. Nothing else in the 2020/21 season.
                Fidelio

Comment

I am supposed to go to London in May for the Gardiner Beethoven Symphony Series (11-16 May), but I now doubt very much that will happen, and even if it does, I am pretty certain that I will not be able to travel there.... I was looking forward to that, like all of you, my way of celebrating our favourite composer.... but I do understand of course, that our health and well being come first.
                  To all of you, keep safe !

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Gans View Post
                    I am supposed to go to London in May for the Gardiner Beethoven Symphony Series (11-16 May), but I now doubt very much that will happen, and even if it does, I am pretty certain that I will not be able to travel there.... I was looking forward to that, like all of you, my way of celebrating our favourite composer.... but I do understand of course, that our health and well being come first.
                    Yes, I am also attending, or not! Awaiting cancellation. I was also attending the Beethoven week at the Cadogan Hall in June. Oh well.

Stay safe and keep well everyone.
                    Fidelio

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Gans View Post
                      Concerts have now been cancelled.
                      Fidelio

Comment

Working...
                      X