newbie--and question, too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie--and question, too

I'm excited that I stumbled upon this site. ^_^ I've recently started posting on different forums (i'm an addict on this, *cough* videogame forum) and I am glad to have found a classical music forum. *grins*

now, onto my question--can anyone send me beethoven's op.11 (it's a piano trio with 3 movements). Try as I might, I have not been able to locate this piece for a concert report that I have to turn in. >_< I saw the Perlman (the daughter :P), Bailey and Nikkanen trio perform, and i have to write about their performance. any help would be greatly appreciated!

-christina
    watch me unravel...

Sending an mp3 or similar audio file would be impossible because they are lots of MBs. You might get a midi version over there in the vast internet.

Comment

hmm..i've looked for, literally, hours for this piece on the internet; it is not played that often.

If someone happened to have it, couldn't they send it as a zip file?
      watch me unravel...

Comment

This sort of thing is more suited to FTP - that's what it was designed for, after all.

But in any case, if you saw the concert and have to write about it, why do you need a recording?

Comment

sure--an ftp would be wonderful. ^_^
          i need the piece so i can analyze it--i have the sheet music for the technical aspect of it, but i need the piece to listen to. Although i took notes throughout the concert, i'd be lying if i said that i could remember how the piece went.
          watch me unravel...

Comment

Well, you can certainly buy a copy of it from amazon.com or somewhere similar if you really need it.

Comment

yes, i could. although i doubt it'd get here by tonight or tomorrow (the papers are due on monday). i have found sites that sell the piece, they just don't have anything to dl. i found a sample online that i'd be willing to use but it doesn't work--i dl it and it isn't a playable file. *weeps*
              watch me unravel...

Comment

OK, I've pulled these from my CD collection.

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~cgraye/mvt1.mp3First Movement</a>
                http://www.wam.umd.edu/~cgraye/mvt2.mp3Second Movement</a>
                http://www.wam.umd.edu/~cgraye/mvt3.mp3Third Movement</a>

This recording is by the Beaux Arts Trio.

By the way, what video games forum do you post at? I may well have seen you there...

Comment

Thanks for the MP3s. It is really a generosity to make this work available for somebody who can't get it easily.

Where can I access an FTP server to download files?

Comment

Beats me (if you mean a specific one). I was just saying that if you need to transfer a lot large files from one computer to another, setting one up as an FTP server is the way to go. But these turned out to be small enough that I just stuck them on some free space I had - they can be downloaded just like any other files.

Comment

Which reminds me - anyone else who wants them is certainly welcome to download them - fudgsicleflo has gotten them already, but I will leave them up a while longer in case some other people would like to hear this wonderful piece.

Comment

I thought that we could download mp3s via a particular FTP server. I know it is the right way to upload files to the net (I'm a frustrated webmaster). A misunderstanding just happened. By the way, you still receive suggestions for rare files on the rare page?

Comment

I just wanted to give a public thanks to Chris on here so I don't seem ungrateful. Thanks. ^_^

This is really a great piece; I particularly enjoy the second movement.
                          watch me unravel...

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
                            I thought that we could download mp3s via a particular FTP server. I know it is the right way to upload files to the net (I'm a frustrated webmaster). A misunderstanding just happened. By the way, you still receive suggestions for rare files on the rare page?
                            I believe that Rod and Peter select what will be on the rare page.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                              I believe that Rod and Peter select what will be on the rare page.
                              Actually, I choose the list myself and simply present it to Peter. He hasn't rejected anything yet! I would not usually construe op11 to be rare. Perhaps in the future when I have run out of genuinely rare stuff we could explore works such as op11. I'm listening to your first track as i type and i can tell you my period intrument version with clarinet has genuine brio and dynamism, it knocks the socks of this Beaux Arts effort, it almost sounds like a different work (different arrangements aside)!! Of course if Peter prefers more traditional interpretations you could supply your own recordings at this future time. I would be happy to bend the knee.....but at what cost to art!!!!!!!!

------------------
                              "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 03-22-2002).]
                              http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
                              X