Beethoven's house in Bonn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven's house in Bonn.

The house where B was born, did the family occupy the whole house? It is a 2-story house.

EDIT: I learn here that they lived in the first floor and moved to another house in 1774. So the question now is in how many houses did the family lived before Beethoven definitely moved to Viena.
    Last edited by Enrique; 08-20-2019, 12:28 AM.

http://www.lvbeethoven.co.uk/page32a.html
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thanks for the information, Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
        The house where B was born, did the family occupy the whole house? It is a 2-story house.

EDIT: I learn here that they lived in the first floor and moved to another house in 1774. So the question now is in how many houses did the family lived before Beethoven definitely moved to Viena.
        You can obtain this information about the birth house from the Beethovenhaus website:

https://www.beethoven.de/en/museum
        Fidelio

Must it be.....it must be

Comment

Thanks Fidelio. Unbelievable the number of houses Beethoven occupied in Viena. And the family in Bonn also was in a lot of residencies.

Comment

Thanks Fidelio. Unbelievable the number of houses Beethoven occupied in Viena. And the family in Bonn also was in a lot of residencies.
            It makes for an interesting walking tour when you're in those cities. Not all the lodgings are still standing but many are.
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

The Beethovenhaus published an interesting book about all the Beethoven houses, sadly its in German, but it has some nice photos! I managed to pick one up last time I was in Vienna at the Heligenstadt House
              Fidelio

Comment

Originally posted by Fidelio View Post
                The Beethovenhaus published an interesting book about all the Beethoven houses, sadly its in German, but it has some nice photos! I managed to pick one up last time I was in Vienna at the Heligenstadt House

I live in Heiligenstadt not far from that particular Beethoven Haus museum. I haven't been there in eons. I'm sure that since the last time I actually went into that museum they might have some new Beethoven books that I may not have in my collection. I'll have to check out that book about the houses Beethoven lived in here in Vienna. I haven't come across any new Beethoven books here in years but it'll be nice to see what the Beethoven Heiligenstadter Haus museum has currently in stock. Once summer is over and the temps are cooler I will indeed make a visit to this museum. It's a long time coming.
                "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  I haven't come across any new Beethoven books here in years but it'll be nice to see what the Beethoven Heiligenstadter Haus museum has currently in stock.
                  I dare say there'll be a load of new books out next year!
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                    I live in Heiligenstadt not far from that particular Beethoven Haus museum. I haven't been there in eons. I'm sure that since the last time I actually went into that museum they might have some new Beethoven books that I may not have in my collection. I'll have to check out that book about the houses Beethoven lived in here in Vienna. I haven't come across any new Beethoven books here in years but it'll be nice to see what the Beethoven Heiligenstadter Haus museum has currently in stock. Once summer is over and the temps are cooler I will indeed make a visit to this museum. It's a long time coming.
                    I think it was your birthday when I visited, so we couldn't meet up, which was a shame. The house has been completely renovated and is definitely worth a visit. I'm back in March 2020.
                    Fidelio

Comment

Originally posted by Fidelio View Post
                      I think it was your birthday when I visited, so we couldn't meet up, which was a shame. The house has been completely renovated and is definitely worth a visit. I'm back in March 2020.

That's great that you plan to be here in Vienna in March 2020. I hope that we'll be able to meet up while you are here. As long as my arthritic knees aren't acting up I would love to be able to get together. Keep me posted about your Vienna visit plans once you know more.
                      "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Working...
                      X