Saint Patrick's Day Once More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saint Patrick's Day Once More

To be sure and begorra, 'tis St. Patrick's day again and the obvious choice of music is Beethoven's arrangement of "The Pulse of an Irishman" - also known as "St. Patrick's Day in the Morning." (Getting a touch of deja vu here.)

I am not at all biased but I think this is one of his best arrangements. Just listen to that backing track!

Down the years, I keep on mentioning that my home town of Killarney is mentioned twice in Beethoven's Irish folksong arrangements. I've probably overdone it, so I will refrain from referring to it on this occasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3rWVqTdmIM

Last edited by Michael; 03-17-2019, 01:47 AM.

A fine arrangement indeed, and a happy St. Patrick's Day to you! I shall be listening to many of the Beethoven Irish folksong arrangements as I am preparing my corned beef and cabbage for dinner. (Apparently this is not something people in Ireland commonly eat, but for the Irish-descended Americans, it is the meal of choice today!)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      A fine arrangement indeed, and a happy St. Patrick's Day to you! I shall be listening to many of the Beethoven Irish folksong arrangements as I am preparing my corned beef and cabbage for dinner.

(Apparently this is not something people in Ireland commonly eat, but for the Irish-descended Americans, it is the meal of choice today!)

You are right there, Chris. I loathe corned beef and cabbage. The Irish Americans never get it right. They have some weird Celtic image of Ireland - mostly involving druids and leprechauns.

I've never seen a leprechaun - except once at my daughter's wedding but I put that down to alcohol.

Anyway, it's nice to find someone who doesn't subscribe to those Irish clichés.

Excuse me now, Chris, because I need to sharpen my shillelagh ………….

Comment

Working...
      X