Symphony #10???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Riedmuller:
    The main body of info I have uncovered sofar comes from Ludwig Nohl.Here are a couple of quotes from him:
    " Turning to the remarkable plan of the Tenth Symphony itself,we rely upon the following note from the year 1818...

Thought someone might find this interesting!
    Very interesting. I know well about this 1818 'symphony' from Thayer, but this can't really count in the context of the 10th as at this time there was no concrete context for the 9th! B typically had a few ideas on the go, most of which came to nothing.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 03-13-2002).]
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      Very interesting. I know well about this 1818 'symphony' from Thayer, but this can't really count in the context of the 10th as at this time there was no concrete context for the 9th! B typically had a few ideas on the go, most of which came to nothing.

Very true - Shortly before starting the Triple concerto, B was working on another triple concerto which he abandoned in favour of the work we now know as Op.56

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thequotes were pulled from a book called "The Beethoven Companion." I have read in other places that the Choral ideas were what probably became the Choral movement to the Ninth. We will probably never know. The info about the key for the first movement seems to correspond with the sketches in existence though. Beethoven probably frequently moved ideas around, I would bet.

Comment

Working...
        X