26 Maerz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 Maerz

Just curious. Is the anniversary of B's death typically commemorated by concerts? I'm only hours away from heading out on a long holiday which will end in Vienna on the 27th, and failed to find any concerts featuring B there during this time frame.

I understand that Easter is the following weekend (right?), which is the occasion for various concerts and music events, so maybe it's just 'bad timing', e.g. if Easter were later or earlier, perhaps there would be more musical activity around this solemn date?

Regardless, you can all rest assured that I'll make as much use as I can of the various residences/places listings I've gathered here and at other webbies (m@d@boutb&&thov&n.com) while in and around Wien. Hope I get some decent photos of places not already listed. I don't know if I'll be able to check this forum while I'm there.

NP: Op 132. Beyond words, especially the change in mood from mmt 3 to mmt 4. (And he was *deaf*!)

Originally posted by NickB:

Regardless, you can all rest assured that I'll make as much use as I can of the various residences/places listings I've gathered here and at other webbies (m@d@boutb&&thov&n.com) while in and around Wien. Hope I get some decent photos of places not already listed. I don't know if I'll be able to check this forum while I'm there.

Can't help with the first part of your enquiry but have a great time - I wonder if you could possibly get a really good photo of the Theater an der Wien for this site as the one I have at the moment could be better! Thanks.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

One would imagine that an extra effort should be made on this next anniversary which is the 175th? Other second-rate composers get remembered every 25 years.

Michael

Comment

Working...
      X