Beethoven Sextet Op. 71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven Sextet Op. 71

A while ago, I was bothered by a classical theme, which I could not identify. I discovered, later it was the Beethoven sextet, op. 71, 4th movement. But is also seemed to suggest an alternate theme, from a totally different world. So, I created a tribute to both, on Youtube. The url is: https://youtu.be/AwlX2FP8JMw. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks

It says "video unavailable."

Comment

Originally posted by susanwen View Post
      It says "video unavailable."

Try this one Susan.
      click on the video , centre arrow , then click on - Watch this video on youtube.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwIX2...ature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]
      Last edited by Megan; 09-07-2018, 01:00 PM.
      🎹

Comment

Sorry about the confusion. Just go to You Tube and enter the following:
        beethoven sextet op. 71, lV. Rondo:
        It worked for me now.... Let me know... Thanks

Comment

That worked! A sprightly number indeed.

There was a trace of Gounod's Funeral March of a Marionette in there. Is that the theme you were trying to remember? It was the theme music for an Alfred Hitchcock series.

Comment

beethoven sextet

I am glad you could see it. Let me say, though, the Gounod was more than just a trace. And remember, the Sextet theme was the mystery. Both melodies had similar rhythms. The Beethoven just bounced along, while the funeral march warned of disaster. Significant portions of each melody were used. Each one led into the other, in the same key. The shocker, of course is when the old man voices his opinion.

Other than the music, the video, itself is very creative. The statue is such an icon. Truly, my attempt succeeded in Beethoven's demise. Please let others know about it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X