• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put my name down, i'm interested.
    Fidelio

Must it be.....it must be

Comment

Yes, I'm interested too, but I have never been to Germany or Austria, and I don't have a good idea about what might work out logistically.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        Yes, I'm interested too, but I have never been to Germany or Austria, and I don't have a good idea about what might work out logistically.
        Well Chris you'd probably have to fly to Cologne and the train is about a 20 minute journey from there I think. 16th Dec 2020 is a Wednesday so I'd suggest arriving on the Monday and perhaps departing on the Friday or Saturday depending on what's most convenient. I'm still in touch with Bernard who I met up with in Vienna (via this forum) and I know he too would be very keen to attend.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

If I'm going to fly all the way to Europe, I'd probably want to build a trip around this and see some other things as well. I mentioned before that I'd love to ski in the Alps, if we do this in the winter. I might also like to stop over in Scotland or Ireland. So I've been waiting to see what plan the more local BRS members are coalescing around to see what kind of trip I can make out of all this.

Comment

I guess I would also need to learn to speak some German too.

Comment

My university term finishes in the 3rd week of December so I'm not at all sure I'll be able to join in.
              If you all decide on another period (say late summer) I might be able to fit it in, depending on the date(s) you choose.
              All said, it's only a 4-hour drive for me (though I'd probably take the train), so actually getting there isn't problematic at all, it's just a question of availability.

Comment

I'm feeling a bit peckish already.

https://eu.naplesnews.com/story/ente...eiF56NOpp2bQ-U

Comment

To Chris:
                  Most (younger) people speak English nowadays.... it nearly is unavoidable... so, German is a plus, but not a must. Besides, if we are in a group, then that problem would be reduced.
                  If you are a real Beethoven fan, which one must assume as you are on this site, Vienna is really the epicentre. The great advantage to Vienna besides, is that it is a very musical city anyway, there's a Haydn place, never mind the Mozart Haus, and there are plenty of Beethoven sites, such as the Heiligenstadt place (I think they're - finally - bringing it up to speed), Beethoven's grave of course and plenty of other interesting things related to music, such as the Musikverein or the Beethovensaal in Palais Lobkovitz....
                  I spent a Beethoven week in Vienna in 2008, on the occasion of the 200th Anniversary of the famous Akademie LvB organised, which they replayed in the Theater an der Wien, the very place the original took place.
                  And of course, Vienna has many other spectacular things worth visiting. Also, the Esterhazy Palace, where Haydn worked, is not far away either...

Comment

I see four people saying a yes to December (or more vague), to do it anyway, whatever date.
                    I see one vote for doing it in late summer.
                    At some point, we need to choose..... the programme did not get much comment, which makes me assume it is a good basis (no news is good news).... of course, concertwise it would depend on when we agree to do this.
                    Do we intend to stay in one place? Or do we each do our own thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Gans View Post
                      I see four people saying a yes to December (or more vague), to do it anyway, whatever date.
                      I see one vote for doing it in late summer.
                      At some point, we need to choose..... the programme did not get much comment, which makes me assume it is a good basis (no news is good news).... of course, concertwise it would depend on when we agree to do this.
                      Do we intend to stay in one place? Or do we each do our own thing?
                      There are two must do events and for accommodation what could be more appropriate than the Beethoven hotel?

16.12.2020Concert
                      BEETHOVEN GALA
                      Our grand Beethoven Gala reviews the past year – with music and guests of honour

17.12.2020Concert
                      FINAL CONCERT: 'ODE OF JOY AROUND THE GLOBE'
                      Beethoven’s Ninth – from Bonn into the world
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Beethoven 2020.

‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Where did you find that, Megan?
                          It's great to see that Beethoven 2020 is on track!

(Oh - it's at Bonn railway station!)

Last edited by Michael; 04-24-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Where did you find that, Megan?
                            It's great to see that Beethoven 2020 is on track!

(Oh - it's at Bonn railway station!)

I came across it on Facebook, they had other photos, but now I can't find it. Shall look.

‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                              I came across it on Facebook, they had other photos, but now I can't find it. Shall look.

Some information about it here. Click on the relevant item and scroll down.

http://www.general-anzeiger-bonn.de/...le4093487.html

Comment

Very good Michael. I shall keep my eyes peeled for more.

Comment

Working...
                                X