A new life for the Biamonti catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new life for the Biamonti catalog

Dear friends, after two months of work, the site has 328 pages more. For a few days every work with the "Biamonti" number has its own dedicated page. www.lvbeethoven.it/Biamonti/
    This IMMENSE work will give us the opportunity to develop every single sketch. (with the collaboration of Graziano Denini and pianist Francesco Gussago) Furthermore, we have "broken through" the 1000-page wall! Now there are 1290, of which 1223 are visible. I do not believe there is anything like this on the internet. Do not cease to follow us; We have finished this great work, so we will be putting on the site music, news and unpublished works.

Your Armando

Cari amici, dopo due mesi di lavoro, il sito ha 328 pagine in più. Da qualche giorno ogni opera con numero di "Biamonti" ha la sua propria pagina dedicata. www.lvbeethoven.it/Biamonti/
    Questo lavoro IMMENSO ci darà la possibilità di sviluppare ogni singolo abbozzo. (grazie a Graziano Denini e a Francesco Gussago) Inoltre, abbiamo "sfondato" il muro della 1000 pagine! Adesso sono 1290, di cui 1223 visibili. Non credo esista nulla di simile sull' argomento in tutta internet. Un grazie di cuore va a Cristina, che ha personalmente creato la maggior parte delle pagine. Grazie Cri ! Non cessate di seguirci; avendo finito questo grande lavoro, incominceremo più alacremente a mettere musica, novità ed inediti.

Fantastic! Thanks, Armando!

Comment

Originally posted by Armando Orlandi View Post
      Dear friends, after two months of work, the site has 328 pages more. For a few days every work with the "Biamonti" number has its own dedicated page. www.lvbeethoven.it/Biamonti/
      This IMMENSE work will give us the opportunity to develop every single sketch. (with the collaboration of Graziano Denini and pianist Francesco Gussago) Furthermore, we have "broken through" the 1000-page wall! Now there are 1290, of which 1223 are visible. I do not believe there is anything like this on the internet. Do not cease to follow us; We have finished this great work, so we will be putting on the site music, news and unpublished works.

Your Armando

Cari amici, dopo due mesi di lavoro, il sito ha 328 pagine in più. Da qualche giorno ogni opera con numero di "Biamonti" ha la sua propria pagina dedicata. www.lvbeethoven.it/Biamonti/
      Questo lavoro IMMENSO ci darà la possibilità di sviluppare ogni singolo abbozzo. (grazie a Graziano Denini e a Francesco Gussago) Inoltre, abbiamo "sfondato" il muro della 1000 pagine! Adesso sono 1290, di cui 1223 visibili. Non credo esista nulla di simile sull' argomento in tutta internet. Un grazie di cuore va a Cristina, che ha personalmente creato la maggior parte delle pagine. Grazie Cri ! Non cessate di seguirci; avendo finito questo grande lavoro, incominceremo più alacremente a mettere musica, novità ed inediti.
      Excellent work, bravissimo !!

Comment

An amazing achievement!

Comment

Interestingly, I only find a reference to abbozzi (rough sketches, I understand) to the 5th Symphony..... Biamonti 443. Not to the full score. As far as my knowledge goes, his 6th (Biamonti 453) was finished before the 5th. This is no contradiction in se, but there's no other reference to the 5th in that list, unless I missed it.

Comment

Biamonti si riferisce come catalogazione a Gustav Nottebohm : Biamonti 443 – Alcuni abbozzi per la Quinta Sinfonia in do minore, opus 67. https://www.lvbeethoven.it/Biamonti443/ Gli abbozzi si trovano in diversi quaderni, vanno dal 1804 al 1807 e sono stati così riportati da Nottebohm (Zweite Beethoveniana, pagine 528-534). Un tempo di genesi piuttosto lungo; in effetti la quinta e la sesta sinfonia non nascono assieme; la sesta op. 68 ha la sua genesi tra il 1807 ed il 1808:
            Dagmar Weise, "Ein Skizzenbuch zur Pastoralsymphonie Op. 68 undzu den trios Op. 70" Bonn Beethoven Haus 1961.

Un caro Saluto !

Comment

Dear Armando,

While I more or less understand Italian, I hope you don't mind me answering in English. Thanks for giving me the source for the Biamonti numbering. Nottebohm is of course a quite old source of information. It is interesting to see that different sources come up with different dates for the work on both compositions. Some place the work on the Pastorale from 1802 to 1808, for example. And there is of course the story that the 6th was meant to be the 5th and vice-versa.

Comment

Working...
              X