Questions about Beethoven?HELP PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Beethoven?HELP PLEASE!

I am doing a report on Beethoven and I was wondering about his family. Is it true that his mom had an STD and had many miscarrages? And was there anything else phisically wrong with him besides he was deaf?
    I don't know much about Beethoven but I heard that his family had a lot of problems. If someone could please answer my questions ASAP that would be so wonderful! Thanks!

As far as I know, there were indeed a lot of problems in the family of Beethoven. I'm not sure about the miscarrages, but I do know that B's father was drunk a lot and that B's mom died when B was 16 years old, which made him very sad because he saw his mom as his best friend. Because B's father was drunk all the time, B became the head of the family after his mom died. And when B was in his late twenties/early thirties he also got problems with his stomach and gut if I remember correctly. He kept having these problems for the rest of his life, and he eventually died of them. If someone knows better, believe him/her, but this is about all I know about B's health.
    Originally posted by Chloe:
    I am doing a report on Beethoven and I was wondering about his family. Is it true that his mom had an STD and had many miscarrages? And was there anything else phisically wrong with him besides he was deaf?
    I don't know much about Beethoven but I heard that his family had a lot of problems. If someone could please answer my questions ASAP that would be so wonderful! Thanks!
    It is the fool who says he is a wise man, it is the wise man who says he is a fool.

Comment

Beethoven suffered from Intestinal troubles throughout his life, probably caused by Ulcerative Colitis which can be successfully treated with steroids today. He repeatedly suffered from headaches, catarrh, and colds accompanied by Bronchitis (even pneumonia on occasion)and fever which frequently confined him to bed for long periods. In later life he complained of spitting blood and frequent nosebleeds. It was however in 1821 when he developed Jaundice that the first symptoms of the Cirrhosis that would prove fatal in 1827 became apparent.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

See, I told you someone would know better!
        Originally posted by Peter:
        Beethoven suffered from Intestinal troubles throughout his life, probably caused by Ulcerative Colitis which can be successfully treated with steroids today. He repeatedly suffered from headaches, catarrh, and colds accompanied by Bronchitis (even pneumonia on occasion)and fever which frequently confined him to bed for long periods. In later life he complained of spitting blood and frequent nosebleeds. It was however in 1821 when he developed Jaundice that the first symptoms of the Cirrhosis that would prove fatal in 1827 became apparent.

It is the fool who says he is a wise man, it is the wise man who says he is a fool.

Comment

Author Russell Martin in his book "Beethovens Hair" argues that Beethoven was massively lead toxic. Forensic testing on a lock of his hair seem to support this, which could explain a number of health problems including the bowel problems and his deafness. That is another possibility in a sea of many.

Comment

Working...
          X