Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to Bruckner symphony no.9 / Skrowaczewsk / Frankfurt Radio Symphony - great performance available on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az-kHLRQhsk
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      There is a St.Luke's passion by Pendereki.
      I think that is what Enrique is referring to. Sorry for the late response.

Comment

Penderecki: Stabat Mater, Selections from St. Luke's Passion.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JYHk_D5A44&feature=youtube[/YOUTUBE]
          Last edited by Megan; 10-08-2018, 07:35 AM.
          ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Ludwig van Beethoven
            Trio for Oboe, Clarinet and Bassoon in C Major, Op 87 (4th mvt)
            Music Arranger: John P. Newhill. Ensemble
            ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Travelling through the Surrey hills this week so it has to be Vaughan-Williams who lived for many years in the area.

Symphonies no.5 and No.3 'Pastoral'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Penderecki: Symphony No. 8

Comment

Prokofiev piano concertos 1 & 3 / Evgeny Kissin.
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

An absolutely riveting performance of Beethoven's Fifth by the Portsmouth Sinfonia.
                    I thought this work had already been done to death until I heard this recording.

It is a very daring performance and gives new life and meaning to this over-familiar piece.
                    The conductor was absolutely uncompromising in his approach and gives a very accurate rendition of how this symphony must have sounded at its first performance back in 1808.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JrkFh5ful8

Last edited by Michael; 10-20-2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Mozart Rd

I was driving on an obscure road in Eastern Pennsylvania while listen to the Mozart String Quintets played by the Budapest Quartet. Then I came across this sign and I just had to take a photo:
                      Attached Files
                      Zevy

Comment

Originally posted by Zevy View Post
                        I was driving on an obscure road in Eastern Pennsylvania while listen to the Mozart String Quintets played by the Budapest Quartet. Then I came across this sign and I just had to take a photo:
                        Meant to be Zevy - next time try the Beethoven quintet and see what happens!
                        'Man know thyself'

Comment

The chances are slim. There are six Mozart string quintets but only one Beethoven string quintet (I believe op. 29?). And besides, there are many more Mozart streets or roads than those named for Beethoven.
                          Last edited by Zevy; 10-21-2018, 01:44 PM. Reason: Add
                          Zevy

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            An absolutely riveting performance of Beethoven's Fifth by the Portsmouth Sinfonia.
                            I thought this work had already been done to death until I heard this recording.

It is a very daring performance and gives new life and meaning to this over-familiar piece.
                            The conductor was absolutely uncompromising in his approach and gives a very accurate rendition of how this symphony must have sounded at its first performance back in 1808.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JrkFh5ful8

Amazing Michael - a truly remarkable achievement!
                            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Amazing Michael - a truly remarkable achievement!
                              Several biographies have mentioned Beethoven's delight in seriously bad performances (provided it wasn't his own music of course!)

Last edited by Michael; 10-22-2018, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Peter - I listened to op. 29 - Amadeus Quartet w/Cecil Aronowitz - but alas, no Beethoven Street emerged....
                                Zevy

Comment

Working...
                                X