Beethoven's (24)5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9000 View Post
    If you go to Google's homepage, you might find a surprise.
    That's great!

https://www.google.com/doodles/celeb...ens-245th-year

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
      Google also had it there yesterday , Michael.
      I was wondering why it is still there. Anyway, well done for Google!

I never spotted it yesterday. I'm just after getting a free upgrade to Windows 10 and with all the messing around I didn't see the Google page until today.

Most people agree on the 16th but there is a chance that his baptismal date (the 17th) was also his date of birth. The original Ludwig, born in 1769 died only a few days later, so maybe the family were anxious to have the second child baptised as soon as possible.

It's unlikely we'll ever know for sure.

Comment

I didn't want to start another thread over this item.

What a way to go!

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicalmu...th_in_concert/

Comment

Well I saw it yesterday, but didn't know it had an animation to help Beethoven until I was at my voluntary work as it doesn't have the animation working if you do it through Firefox which is my main browser. There was no sound at the voluntary place, so I could only see the animation. I'm home now and just did it twice in Chrome! Beethoven is very cute in it. This is the best Google have done!!!
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
          Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I didn't want to start another thread over this item.

What a way to go!

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicalmu...th_in_concert/
            Sure beats a lingering death in hospital.
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
            Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
              Well I saw it yesterday, but didn't know it had an animation to help Beethoven until I was at my voluntary work as it doesn't have the animation working if you do it through Firefox which is my main browser. There was no sound at the voluntary place, so I could only see the animation. I'm home now and just did it twice in Chrome! Beethoven is very cute in it. This is the best Google have done!!!
              Yes, it's very good indeed. You have to solve each part of the puzzle before it moves on to finish with the Ninth Symphony.
              It seems Google introduced this on the evening of the 16th and kept it on today, which is most unusual. But, then again, so was Beethoven in every way (including having two birthdays.)

Comment

Working...
              X