Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about moonlight sonata

Hello,

I am an art student, and for an assignment I am doing I am looking for some information on the moonlight sonata. I have found it very difficult to find the complete sheet music anywhere readily available to borrow, and because of the nature of the information I am looking for, it is not appropriate for me to buy it.

Unfortunately, my musicality (is that a word?), is limited - or perhaps not so much limited, but directed (so as not to belittle my ability or taste) - toward the 'warm-afternoons-in-the-sun-with-my-guitar' kind of background, and while I have a deep appreciation of, and love to listen to many classical pieces, I am not even really sure what to ask to get the answer I am looking for, BUT; All I need is the information that is at the top of the page in all sheet music about the piece - the names, etc. - and I need this for the complete sonata, and all the movements.

I think I may have stumbled across the right people to ask (phew!), and if you can help me I would appreciate a response ASAP -- my assignment is due soon!

Thankyou very much.

Originally posted by Libby:
    Hello,

I am an art student, and for an assignment I am doing I am looking for some information on the moonlight sonata. I have found it very difficult to find the complete sheet music anywhere readily available to borrow, and because of the nature of the information I am looking for, it is not appropriate for me to buy it.

Unfortunately, my musicality (is that a word?), is limited - or perhaps not so much limited, but directed (so as not to belittle my ability or taste) - toward the 'warm-afternoons-in-the-sun-with-my-guitar' kind of background, and while I have a deep appreciation of, and love to listen to many classical pieces, I am not even really sure what to ask to get the answer I am looking for, BUT; All I need is the information that is at the top of the page in all sheet music about the piece - the names, etc. - and I need this for the complete sonata, and all the movements.

I think I may have stumbled across the right people to ask (phew!), and if you can help me I would appreciate a response ASAP -- my assignment is due soon!

Thankyou very much.

Check out the library. If the civic library does not have one your closest university will probably have one.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know exactly what you mean, but I'll list some things and hope it helps.

On the top of the first page:
      Sonata quasi una Fantasia
      Op. 27, No. 2
      L. van BEETHOVEN
      To Countess JULIA GUICCIARDI

On the top of the first page of each movement:
      I. Adagio sostenuto.
      II. Allegretto.
      III. Presto agitato.

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 03-02-2002).]

Comment

Thankyou Chris, that's exactly the information I need.

I don't suppose you'd know the same information for Lalo's "Symphonie Espagnole" for the violin? (only the first two movements) Don't worry if you can't help me with that one, I will try to find a Lalo site..............

Thanks for taking the time to help me out - you're a friendly bunch of music lovers.

Comment

Here's all of them:
          I. Allegro non troppo.
          II. Scherzando. Allegro molto.
          III. Intermezzo. Allegretto non troppo.
          IV. Andante.
          V. Rondo. Allegro.

Comment

Chris, if you weren't just some words on a computer screen, I would kiss you.

Thankyou!!!! - I'll let you know how I go with my asignment

Comment

Good luck on it

Comment

Working...
              X