Prodigy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prodigy!

Inspiration for my pupils - I hope! Yet he failed twice on 'Britains got talent' - says it all really.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ic-degree.html
    'Man know thyself'

BGT is absolutely awful, even Mozart would fail to impress the judges. The show is less about talent than it is marketability and ratings. I wouldn't say this (I don't think it is bad, it's actually quite good) is more impressive than a 10 year old playing Liebestraum, but no doubt the first lad will get further. The general audience unfortunately just doesn't care for classical music; just look at the reaction of the audience in that audition video in the link, which is more of an ''aww isn't that cute'' than it is a ''OMG a freaking 10 year old is playing Liszt!!'' Compare even the title of the videos: ''Piano-playing wonderkid Curtis Elton plays us a tune'' and ''Pianist and singer Isaac melts the Judges' hearts''.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9000 View Post
      BGT is absolutely awful, even Mozart would fail to impress the judges. The show is less about talent than it is marketability and ratings. I wouldn't say this (I don't think it is bad, it's actually quite good) is more impressive than a 10 year old playing Liebestraum, but no doubt the first lad will get further. The general audience unfortunately just doesn't care for classical music; just look at the reaction of the audience in that audition video in the link, which is more of an ''aww isn't that cute'' than it is a ''OMG a freaking 10 year old is playing Liszt!!'' Compare even the title of the videos: ''Piano-playing wonderkid Curtis Elton plays us a tune'' and ''Pianist and singer Isaac melts the Judges' hearts''.
      I saw that video ages ago, and saw Curtis on Mail online. I wish him well- great to see a child loving classical music and playing it with such enthusiasm.

Yeah, they say run of the mill pop singers are "brilliant" on those shows lol. But Mozart? He'd blow them away as would have Beethoven ( they could improvise on the spot) and Mendelssohn- a huge prodigy- that concerto we have been listening to was written when he was 13!!! I am still trying to get my head round that one.
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
      Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Working...
      X