Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Beethoven music that keeps being played on this station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the Beethoven music that keeps being played on this station?

It starts with an orchestra, has piano in it and a violin solo.

http://tunein.com/radio/All-Beethove...adius-s228687/

It is usually followed by one of the movements of the Ninth, the Seventh or the Fifth.

Hopefully one of you will hear it and know it!
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Well, there aren't too many possibilities. An obvious first guess would be the Triple Concerto?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Well, there aren't too many possibilities. An obvious first guess would be the Triple Concerto?
      No, it isn't that. If anyone doesn't mind having this station on in the background ( the same pieces are played over again- so it comes on a lot) then you will hear it and maybe know it! It seems to be something early as the beginning is Mozartian in style. It is classical in style.
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Ahhh..just found how to get the play list...maybe now I will find out what it is.

http://wideradius.com/beethoven-on-wide-radius/

Interesting..the 4th has just been on played the Orchestra of Enlightenment!

Beethoven Only is off air again..
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I can't play it now, but there can't be too many other possibilities. If it is an early work, perhaps it is the Piano Concerto WoO 4?

Comment

I can't play it now, but there can't be too many other possibilities. If it is an early work, perhaps it is the Piano Concerto WoO 4?
            It is listed as Piano concerto no 4, no 3 ( movement) which it most certainly is not, nor is it Wo04.

Can this mystery be solved...
            Last edited by AeolianHarp; 04-20-2015, 02:18 AM.
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

The only other possibilities I can think of given the information you have provided are:

Piano Concerto Hess 15
              Piano Concerto Anh 7
              Rondo WoO 6
              Choral Fantasy Op. 80

If it's not one of those I think it must be either an arrangement of one of Beethoven's works or a work by another composer that has been mistakenly attributed to Beethoven. In that case, maybe it is Haydn's double concerto for piano, violin, and orchestra?

Comment

Can you hum a bit of it, Aeolian?

Comment

The only other possibilities I can think of given the information you have provided are:

Piano Concerto Hess 15
                  Piano Concerto Anh 7
                  Rondo WoO 6
                  Choral Fantasy Op. 80

If it's not one of those I think it must be either an arrangement of one of Beethoven's works or a work by another composer that has been mistakenly attributed to Beethoven. In that case, maybe it is Haydn's double concerto for piano, violin, and orchestra?
                  It's not the Choral Fantasy- I know that well, will check out the others later. Yes, it does seem that it might not be by Beethoven at all!
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Can you hum a bit of it, Aeolian?
                    I meant to record it via my sound recorder and post it, but my sound recorder isn't recording oddly. I'm waiting for the Linux guys online to help me get that working.
                    Ludwig van Beethoven
                    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I listened for a while earlier today, but didn't hear anything that sounds like what you describe. I did hear very nice interpretations of the first movements of the fifth and ninth symphonies, both ruined by cutting them off abruptly before the end. Something I am unfamiliar with played after that, but I wasn't able to listen long enough to get a feel for it.

I can't get the station (?) to play at the moment.

Comment

It' s working for me DP. That piece was on again just a few mins ago! I wish my sound recorder would work...
                        Audacity isn't recording either!
                        Ludwig van Beethoven
                        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Do you have a phone that can record audio? You could just capture the sound from your speakers.

Comment

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bfKoiHwUiI[/youtube]

Haven't a clue myself.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9000 View Post
                              [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bfKoiHwUiI[/youtube]

Haven't a clue myself.
                              Oho! . . . the plot thickens. This is that most obscure of Beethoven's works, the Concerto in D minor of violin, piano and strings "Mendelssohn".

I actually had not heard this piece before. But your link, to my ears, sounded too early romantic to be Beethoven. I narrowed down the options of who I thought might have composed the music, assuming it hadn't been written by an obscurity, and searched YouTube for "music for piano and violin with orchestra". Looking through the first page results I spotted this Mendelssohn piece and thought, "Aha, this is as good a start as any". Voila, paydirt.
                              Last edited by Decrepit Poster; 04-22-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X