Classic FM Hall of Fame 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic FM Hall of Fame 2015

It is that time again! It has come even more quickly this time it seems!

My votes:

1. Beethoven- String Quartet opus 132.
    2. Grosse Fugue.
    3. Hammerklavier Sonata.

http://halloffame.classicfm.com/2015/vote/

When you vote you get entered into a £5,000 prize draw!!
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

1. Opus 131
    2. Diabelli Variations
    3. Missa Solemnis

Comment

1. Symphony No.3 in E flat major Op.55, "Eroica"
      2. Egmont Overture
      3. Wellington's Victory Op.91
      "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Mine were:
        Symphony No 5
        Piano Concerto No 4
        Piano Sonata No 32

Comment

Not one Beethoven string quartet has ever made the Top 300 since the damn thing started over fifteen years ago. Only two of the piano sonatas have made the list. I bet you can guess which two!

Until Classic FM get away from their dreary programme list (which basically means: "Don't play anything unfamiliar!") we will never see works like the Hammerklavier or Opus 131 in the Hall of Fame. (I am referring to Classic FM's day-time/drive-time schedules.)

I am cynically voting for the three works that have made the Top Ten for the past few years: the Emperor, the Pastoral and the Ninth - in that order.
          I'm doing that just to push him up the list. I actually hate these works.

Comment

Not one Beethoven string quartet has ever made the Top 300 since the damn thing started over fifteen years ago. Only two of the piano sonatas have made the list. I bet you can guess which two!
            Indeed. But I still voted for them as they deserve to be voted for.

Until Classic FM get away from their dreary programme list (which basically means: "Don't play anything unfamiliar!") we will never see works like the Hammerklavier or Opus 131 in the Hall of Fame. (I am referring to Classic FM's day-time/drive-time schedules.)

Well when I am in next and Jamie whatisname's request show is on I'm emailing and asking for Hammerklavier!!

I am cynically voting for the three works that have made the Top Ten for the past few years: the Emperor, the Pastoral and the Ninth - in that order.
            I'm doing that just to push him up the list. I actually hate these works.
            You can't be serious!!!
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
            Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post

You can't be serious!!!

About hating these works?
              C'mon! How many winky icons do I need?

Comment

Working...
              X