Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During lunch I heard Brautigam perform several of Mozart's late piano sonatas.

During supper I listened to a CD consisting of Brahms' Trios Op.8 & 87 encored by Hungarian Dance No.6 in D major and the "Lullaby", performed by the Eroica Trio.

Comment

Friday - Michael Haydn & WA Mozart/Duos for Violin & Viola. You know who wins there...
      Tonight - Mozart Flute Quartet/Rampal, Stern, Schneider, Rose
      Mozart Oboe Quartet/Holliger.
      Zevy

Comment

I think that with my sickness its just that having an earbud in my ear is not appealing, but I was feeling somewhat better this morning and so watched another half hour of Maria Stuardta with Mariella Devia--wonderful! Really like the tenor.
        "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
        --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

The highlight of today's listening has been a recent YouTube posting by Valentina Lisitsa of herself performing Liszt's Piano Sonata in B Minor.

During lunch I heard on CD The Berlin Philharmonic under Herbert von Karajan perform Tchaikovsky's "Serenade for Strings".

Comment

Listened to a little Bach organ work on the local classical station in the car for a few minutes today. They were playing all Bach with the theme: "Spring's Bach."

The station is not full time classical though and in the evening goes over to jazz.
            "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
            --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

I'm off to an early start, having already heard Andras Schiff play Beethoven's piano sonata No.12 (Funeral March) then immediately afterward his lecture-recital on that selfsame sonata.

As to over-the-air classical music broadcasting, only our local NPR station offers it. At one time much of the broadcast day was devoted to classical music. Now it appears only an hour or two weekday evenings.
              Last edited by Decrepit Poster; 03-23-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X