Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If composers had Facebook: Beethoven's profile

http://www.classicfm.com/composers/b...ebook-profile/

Firstly he'd never have wasted his time on social media...

But John Suchet and ear trumpets as a "like" seriously...?! :lol:

And where is the soup?

And Archduke Rudolph in friends?

Schindler would not be there lol..and the picture is that bad portrait of Ludwig himself not Schindler...

And where is Handel in music????
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

I thought it was quite funny, although the ear trumpet in "like" was a little insensitive. They also forgot the wine in the "like". I don't take these things too seriously, but fun to read.

I think Beethoven would've loved facebook, it would have saved him so much time writing letters and messages and geting them posted...lol
    Last edited by grace65; 11-21-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I thought it was quite funny, although the ear trumpet in "like" was a little insensitive.
      Yes, Beethoven's deafness is not something to make jokes about.

They also forgot the wine in the "like". I don't take these things too seriously, but fun to read.
      Yes that too and what about country walks, books and piano? They should be there!

I think Beethoven would've loved facebook, it would have saved him so much time writing letters and messages and getting them posted...lol
      He was too private for that- email he might have appreciated and the telephone- when he could still hear enough and maybe even one of those hearing guide dogs to let him know someone was knocking on the door. A big friendly black Labrador would have been nice company by his fire.
      Last edited by AeolianHarp; 11-22-2014, 01:05 AM.
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
        Yes, Beethoven's deafness is not something to make jokes about.

Yes that too and what about country walks, books and piano? They should be there!

He was too private for that- email he might have appreciated and the telephone- when he could still hear enough and maybe even one of those hearing guide dogs to let him know someone was knocking on the door. A big friendly black Labrador would have been nice company by his fire.
        Yes, I agree a nice black Labrador would've been nice to keep Beethoven company, but unfortunately I think Beethoven would forget to feed him, (like he did with his poor horse).

Comment

Beethoven would have seen social media as a big wasteland.

Comment

Originally posted by grace65 View Post
            Yes, I agree a nice black Labrador would've been nice to keep Beethoven company, but unfortunately I think Beethoven would forget to feed him, (like he did with his poor horse).
            I doubt it- labradors sit and look at your dinner and make it obvious they are hungry! The dog would have helped himself to all of Beethoven's leftovers he left on plates under the piano lol.
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I wasn't gonna contribute here but what the heck...it's harmless fun.

some Links and Likes:

Likes to various publishing houses for negotiation purposes.

Like to YouTube Copyright Infringement report tool. He'd prolly spend a lot of time flagging infringements.

Likes to various young female pianists. B long had a "thing" for young female pianists. He's surely want to keep connected with those...until he made such a nuisance of himself they banned him.

An early like for Bonaparte@IamFrance, removed in anger 1804. (He would, however, continue to watch Napoleon's YouTube VLogs anonymously for some years.)
              Last edited by Decrepit Poster; 11-22-2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I wasn't gonna contribute here but what the heck...it's harmless fun.

some Links and Likes:

Likes to various publishing houses for negotiation purposes.

Like to YouTube Copyright Infringement report tool. He'd prolly spend a lot of time flagging infringements.
                LOL.

Likes to various young female pianists. B long had a "thing" for young female pianists. He's surely want to keep connected with those...until he made such a nuisance of himself they banned him.

He'd never get banned! He was always a gentleman with regards to young ladies. I expect it'd be the other way round- women posting on his site asking to meet him or asking for piano lessons...

A early like for Bonaparte@IamFrance, removed in anger 1804. (He would, however, continue to watch Napoleon's YouTube VLogs anonymously for some years.)
                Ha ha!
                Ludwig van Beethoven
                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by dahc View Post
                  Beethoven would have seen social media as a big wasteland.
                  I expect so!
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
                  X