Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get children into classical music- yeah!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get children into classical music- yeah!!!

Ten Pieces

An inventive and immersive cinematic film with a mission to inspire a generation of children, mixing performance, live action and animation to explore the wonders of classical music.

Filmed on an epic scale in an aircraft hangar outside Cardiff, Thomas Søndergård conducts the BBC National Orchestra of Wales in performances of works from the baroque to the contemporary. They are introduced by a host of celebrities including Blue Peter's Barney Harwood, CBBC's Khalil Madovi, and singers Laura Mvula and Katy B, aided by playful and magical animation.

The pieces range from Mozart's Horn Concerto and the famed opening of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, to the driving rhythms of John Adams's Short Ride in a Fast Machine. There is also a brand new body percussion piece, Connect It, specially commissioned for the project and performed by youth group Drum Works.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ieces-03102014

Just seen the Holst Mars they did! Great! Reminds me of a concert of The Planets my friend and I went to last year, and they dimmed the lights and had a big screen at the front with films of the planets (from NASA). It was great!
    Just paused it..they are on Greig now.
    Can't wait to see what they do with Beethoven's 5th!!!
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten
Working...
X