Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP!looking for info on composer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP!looking for info on composer!

Hello all:
    I am a college student doing research on a composer during Beethoven's era that he might have studied with...Ignaz Holzbauer. I have had no luck on finding any kind of biography about Holzbauer on the Internet. If anyone knows of a site could you please email me (babyllama@hotmail.com) thank you very much for your help!
    sara coulthart

I have never heard his name in connection with Beethoven - though Beethoven may have come across his operas whilst at Bonn. He was associated with the famous orchestra at Mannheim and this page may be of some use.

http://www.hoasm.org/XIIA/Holzbauer.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thank you! Any information is better than no information! I know, the only connection I can make is that they must have studied together at the Mannheim School.
      sara coulthart

Comment

Originally posted by sayrahelizabeth:
        Thank you! Any information is better than no information! I know, the only connection I can make is that they must have studied together at the Mannheim School.
        Mannheim school is a term that refers to a group of composers, not an actual building or establishment. Beethoven was not a pupil of Ignaz Holzbauer.

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
        X