Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Beethoven novel

Ludwig – The Beethoven Conspiracy

In a peasant’s cottage outside Vienna, an old woman presents a man named Michael with a parcel. The parcel contains a manuscript. From the moment he takes possession of it, Michael embarks upon a life-threatening journey. For the manuscript carries the devastating power of the spirit of Ludwig van Beethoven and of the Illuminati, who attempted to use him in the way today’s corporate controls attempt to manipulate all of us destroying the planet in the process. At once disturbing, dark, brooding and gripping, Ludwig is a spiritual thriller powerful enough to leave you haunted by its spirit and uplifted by the truths it tells.

Good grief- what a load of rubbish! Listening to Beethoven's deeply spiritual and often uplifting music destroys our plant how?!

This writer obviously has no understanding of Beethoven's character at all- he could not be manipulated by anyone!

The premise of this fiction is ridiculous.

Even Dan Brown wouldn't have come up with this s-

http://lesliekenton.com/health/video...writing-death/

EDIT- Watch this creature's video- she is a deranged nut and actually believes the s- she has put in this "novel"; that she was "haunted" by something (not Beethoven incidentally) and that Beethoven was used by evil Illuminati members. I got cold chills from watching this woman. Very sinister.

“The premise of this strange and fascinating thriller is that Ludwig van Beethoven was, from his earliest childhood, in the grip of malignant, demonic forces against which he struggled throughout his life."
    http://lesliekenton.com/books/companion/ludwig/

Crazy...
    Last edited by AeolianHarp; 09-07-2014, 04:36 AM.
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Since this topic talks about a new Beethoven book, I hope you don't mind if I add mine

I'm doing it especially because the e-book version will be available for 99 cents on Amazon until Saturday 13th

This is the book trailer of The Deaf God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f33dHIiqSg

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
      Ludwig – The Beethoven Conspiracy
      [I]

Crazy...
      I watched a goodly portion of your linked video. The author does come across as something of the nut case, but I suspect this might be nothing more than a marketing ploy. (I certainly hope so!) The book, as pitched here, seems geared toward those who buy in to conspiracy theories. And why not? Books like The Da Vinci Code have shown this to be a very profitable genre. She might not take anything said in the video seriously.

It tickled me when she said that, while writing the book, she read up on harmony and counterpoint so critics wouldn't know she was/is ignorant on those subjects. Well, if you really don't want them to know you don't tell them in a promotional video. More marketing ploy, though I've yet to fathom its purpose.

In any case, as pitched it holds no appeal to me. But then I'm not the intended audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastoral68 View Post
        Since this topic talks about a new Beethoven book, I hope you don't mind if I add mine

I'm doing it especially because the e-book version will be available for 99 cents on Amazon until Saturday 13th

This is the book trailer of The Deaf God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f33dHIiqSg

Yes- very good, Pastoral68! Your book is much superior! I have given you a mention on the Great Composers Appreciation Society group- this great forum was set up by ex students of the Beethoven Sonatas Coursera Course. It is very friendly and many interesting topics are discussed.

Here is the link to the group, for anyone who'd like to join. Each month we discuss some music- which generally has a theme. This month it is music which was inspired by Scotland.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...98773574125528
        Last edited by AeolianHarp; 09-07-2014, 12:04 PM.
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I watched a goodly portion of your linked video. The author does come across as something of the nut case, but I suspect this might be nothing more than a marketing ploy. (I certainly hope so!)
          Thank you for your comments DP. Somehow I don't think the nuttiness is a marketing ploy.

The book, as pitched here, seems geared toward those who buy in to conspiracy theories. And why not? Books like The Da Vinci Code have shown this to be a very profitable genre. She might not take anything said in the video seriously.
          She does believe it, that is the disturbing thing about it. I have no objection to a sort of Beethoven thriller- there is another novel which has the 10th Symphony as a kind of thriller, but as far as I know about that book, no slurs have been made on Beethoven's musical impetus.There is another thread on here somewhere I started about Beethoven novels- I will look for it and link it. This author is saying very damning things which I find detestable.

It tickled me when she said that, while writing the book, she read up on harmony and counterpoint so critics wouldn't know she was/is ignorant on those subjects. Well, if you really don't want them to know you don't tell them in a promotional video. More marketing ploy, though I've yet to fathom its purpose.
          She is a nutter for sure! She even wrote when writing this book, she wondered if she was ill ( hmmm....) and then went on a juice fast!

In any case, as pitched it holds no appeal to me. But then I'm not the intended audience.
          It is conspiracy theorists it is intended for I reckon, but I know some people like that and many of them wouldn't believe this rubbish either.
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

To DP:

There is this guy's blog- I quite liked some of his stuff:

http://dickstrawser.blogspot.co.uk/2...-of-short.html

http://www.gyrix.com/forums/showthre...ethoven+novels
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Yes- very good, Pastoral68! Your book is much superior! I have given you a mention on the Great Composers Appreciation Society group-
              Thank you so much for both compliments and mention
              I saw you are a real expert about Beethoven, so your appreciation has a great value for me (forgive my English )

Comment

OMG!!!!. Just saw the video. Is this lady serious or dilerious? She isn't all there. Anyway, not my kind of reading.

Comment

I have a book called "Ludwig - A Spiritual Thriller" by Leslie Kenton,which came out about 20 years ago. This has to be the same book because the main character is called "Michael" and it deals extensively with the Illuminati, the CIA and, of course, Ludwig. (What a mixture).

I found it totally off-the-wall and it was a bit of an effort to finish reading it. I vaguely remember the author appearing on an Irish chat show, relating how the idea of the novel came to her in a dream. I remember her mentioning the fact that she had listened to "every God-damned piece of Beethoven I could lay my hands on!" (Her words, not mine!!)

I didn't watch all of her recent interview (I value my sanity too much) but it certainly seems that the book is being re-issued under a slightly different title. I must dig out my copy and have another look at it (and see if it's as loopy as I remember).
                  Incidentally, this lady is the daughter of the famous jazz musician, Stan Kenton.

Comment

Originally posted by grace65 View Post
                    OMG!!!!. Just saw the video. Is this lady serious or dilerious? She isn't all there. Anyway, not my kind of reading.
                    Thank you for your comments Grace. So you too ( as well as DP and myself) can see the craziness!
                    Ludwig van Beethoven
                    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I have a book called "Ludwig - A Spiritual Thriller" by Leslie Kenton,which came out about 20 years ago. This has to be the same book because the main character is called "Michael" and it deals extensively with the Illuminati, the CIA and, of course, Ludwig. (What a mixture).
                      Michael I do remember you mentioning this book, but you were far too kind in your comments! I can't find the thread though- as the novel I mentioned on the 10th Symphony looked ok!
                      I don't know if you know where the thread is...

I found it totally off-the-wall and it was a bit of an effort to finish reading it. I vaguely remember the author appearing on an Irish chat show, relating how the idea of the novel came to her in a dream. I remember her mentioning the fact that she had listened to "every God-damned piece of Beethoven I could lay my hands on!" (Her words, not mine!!)
                      Gosh that must have been quite a punishment to finish that! She had listened but not listened- because the pure beauty and goodness that comes from Beethoven's music was lost on her.Calling his music "God-damned" is highly insulting and reveals her sinister nature. As you know I am an atheist, but I respect that Beethoven genuinely believed in God and experienced something divine/pure through his music, and listening to his late string quartets and piano sonatas is a spiritual experience, as is Missa Solemnis.

I didn't watch all of her recent interview (I value my sanity too much)
                      LOL, that's be right!!

but it certainly seems that the book is being re-issued under a slightly different title. I must dig out my copy and have another look at it (and see if it's as loopy as I remember).

Re issuing it- yes cos the first time round it probably only sold like 10 copies!

Incidentally, this lady is the daughter of the famous jazz musician, Stan Kenton.
                      I confess I've never heard of him.
                      Last edited by AeolianHarp; 09-07-2014, 01:27 PM.
                      Ludwig van Beethoven
                      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Thank you so much for both compliments and mention
                        I saw you are a real expert about Beethoven, so your appreciation has a great value for me (forgive my English )
                        Sorry, I missed this post before. Expert? Me? I just admire him greatly and have gratitude for the music he has given us.
                        Don't worry about your English- you express yourself very well.
                        Oh I do hope you can get a translator for the second part- I shall have a look online for you and see if there are cheap translators or even people who will do it for free (practise whilst training as translators)- do you not know any university students who are studying English? Students often do work for very small fees if it gets them experience.

EDIT:

Are these of any help to you?

http://www.freetranslation.com/

http://www.onehourtranslation.com/free-translation/

http://www.freetranslation.com/en/pr...al-translation

I wish I knew Italian now- I would have done it for you...
                        Last edited by AeolianHarp; 09-08-2014, 02:20 AM.
                        Ludwig van Beethoven
                        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I wish I knew Italian now- I would have done it for you...
                          Thank you for the links. Actually I'm about to publish a Romantic Suspense in Italian, hopefully it gives me more readers. I was thinking to translate it and I'll try thanks to your links. Modern Italian is easier to translate.

About The Deaf God, is more complicated. I used a old-fashioned language for it. If a day I'll try to translate it, I ask you to take a look at my translation! At least you will see the second part of the story

Thanks for your concern

Comment

Thank you for the links. Actually I'm about to publish a Romantic Suspense in Italian, hopefully it gives me more readers. I was thinking to translate it and I'll try thanks to your links. Modern Italian is easier to translate.

About The Deaf God, is more complicated. I used a old-fashioned language for it. If a day I'll try to translate it, I ask you to take a look at my translation! At least you will see the second part of the story

Thanks for your concern
                            If you use the online translator, then I can help you proof read the text- I am a qualified EFL teacher and would be able to correct the errors and have a good idea of what you were trying to express.
                            In addition, I too write fiction using old fashioned language and have a good idea of how they spoke then. I am aware of modern speech and notice anachronisms and have good general knowledge of the time period.For example, there is a drawing/painting someone did of Beethoven that you can see on google images and he has a metal paraffin lamp (lantern) on his desk.

Like this:

http://images.reachsite.com/1fd95536...9566.PNG?gen=1

Beethoven only had candles for light!

They didn't have them in people's houses (in Europe) until the 1850s.

Firstly they were used in coal mines.

In one of Beethoven's last letters he mentions to Karl that he has got him some Lucifer matches- they were quite dangerous compared with modern matches!
                            Ludwig van Beethoven
                            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Took a look at that video -omg why is she talking to us like we were in Kindergarten?

Poor lady. She must have such a thirst for success and fame. I wonder why that happens so often nowadays - is there something wrong with having a normal life?
                              Fühle was dies' Herz empfindent, reiche frei mir deine Hand, und das Band das uns verbindet, sei kein schwaches Rosenband! (J.W.von Goethe)

Comment

Working...
                              X