Movie soundtracks in "classical" style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie soundtracks in "classical" style

Movie soundtracks nowadays is about the only kind of contemporary music in a kind of "classical" style. The most known is probably the 'Lord of the Rings'. Here I'd like to share a piece which I love to the uttermost - please go to the end of the movie at 2:03:10 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOcieuJLmvM

Isn't that gorgeous?

Hallo Gerd! Yes TLOTR has really nice music. I also like the music to the film A Single Man. I saw that on iplayer last week.

Oh and to Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley. The music was written by Dario Marianelli and he made some music in a Beethovenian style.

Italian composer Dario Marianelli wrote the film score, the first of his four collaborations with Wright. Their relationship began when Paul Webster, who had worked with Marianelli on the 2001 film The Warrior, introduced him to Wright. In their first conversation, Marianelli and Wright discussed the early piano sonatas of Ludwig van Beethoven, which "became a point of reference" and "starting point" for the original score. In addition to Beethoven, pieces such as "Meryton Townhall" and "The Militia Marches In" (featuring the flute) were inspired by the film's period, with the intention that they could conceivably have been heard during that time. "Meryton Townhall" and "Another Dance" contained actual dance cues that were fitting for the late eighteenth century. According to music critic William Ruhlmann, Marianelli's score had a "strong Romantic flavour to accompany the familiar romantic plot".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_%..._film%29#Music

I saw this film on you tube about 3 years ago ( it is no longer there... ) and at the time I thought the piano music was something by Beethoven lol.
    Last edited by AeolianHarp; 07-13-2014, 04:34 PM.
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post

Oh and to Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley. The music was written by Dario Marianelli and he made some music in a Beethovenian style.
      This is lovely.

The soundtrack to a Studio Ghibli masterpiece, written in a quasi-variation style. I love the (short) sweet canonic dialogue in the middle.

Comment

Also, this is rather interesting for all you LotR folks.

Comment

Working...
        X