Picture of Bonn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture of Bonn?

I am bidding for this on ebay. Seller says it is Beethoven's birthplace. I am unsure - is this the back view?

Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

I'm almost certain it's Heiligenstadt - the house on the left looks like 2 Pfarrplatz where Beethoven stayed in 1817 and I think the church is St.James.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

You are spot on Peter. This is located on Heiligenstädter Pfarrplatz which is not far from where I live.

"God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Interesting! The spire on the "church" looks exactly like one in Bongasse, but the angles are not correct, so it puzzled me. Heiligenstadt! I shall keep bidding then. Might let the seller know she has the scene wrong too lol ( but nicely of course).
        Where did you get your picture from Hollywood?
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
          Where did you get your picture from Hollywood?
          I just Googled Heiligenstädter Pfarrplatz and then clicked onto Pictures and you'll see it there.
          "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Thanks.
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
            X