For the lovers of Mozart's music.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the lovers of Mozart's music.

I was looking in the Internet for anything about the use of clarinets in Mozart's music. Though I could find anything, I did found the following link: this, which is a free book on the life of Mozart, including his correspondence. By the way, there is a lady, of American origin if I remember well, who is the editor of a book which contains (or contained) all of Mozart's extant letters. Do you know who she is?

Thanks, saved this ebook. I think I have a free one on my Kindle as well- got loads of free books to read on there. I don't know about the lady though, sorry.
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
      I was looking in the Internet for anything about the use of clarinets in Mozart's music. Though I could find anything, I did found the following link: this, which is a free book on the life of Mozart, including his correspondence. By the way, there is a lady, of American origin if I remember well, who is the editor of a book which contains (or contained) all of Mozart's extant letters. Do you know who she is?
      I think you mean Emily Anderson who also edited Beethoven's letters.
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Exactly. Though she was not American after all. Thanks Peter.
        Last edited by Enrique; 05-20-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Is it true that Mozart wrote the Overture to Don Giovanni the morning it was premiered?
          ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

The score was completed on 28 October 1787 after Da Ponte was recalled to Vienna to work on another opera. Reports about the last-minute completion of the overture conflict; some say it was completed the day before the premiere, some on the very day. More likely it was completed the day before, in light of the fact that Mozart recorded the completion of the opera on 28 October.
            I hope that helps, Megan. The source seems reliable to me. By "recorded the completion" I think the author refers to Mozart's letters or some other personal written record.

Comment

I hope that helps, Megan. The source seems reliable to me. By "recorded the completion" I think the author refers to Mozart's letters or some other personal written record.
              It refers to Mozart's own catalogue of his works.
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

I would have never suspected it! Thanks for that, Peter!
                Last edited by Enrique; 05-27-2014, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
                  Thanks, saved this ebook.
                  Don't mention it! Glad to know you downloaded it too, AeolianHarp.
                  Last edited by Enrique; 05-27-2014, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Don't mention it! Glad to know you downloaded it too, AeolianHarp.

Mozart was an interesting man.
                    Ludwig van Beethoven
                    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
                    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Working...
                    X