The young Mozart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The young Mozart

According to his sister Nannerl, little Wolfgang made such progress at the age of five he was already composing small pieces, which he played to his father, who wrote them down.

Whilst practicing Mozart's Minuet in G , I came to wonder how a 5 or 6 year olds hands can manage some of the long finger stretches in this piece such as, g# up to f, and f# up to e, and so , then there are some nightmarish whole octaves. Not easy!
    ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Originally posted by Megan View Post
    According to his sister Nannerl, little Wolfgang made such progress at the age of five he was already composing small pieces, which he played to his father, who wrote them down.

Whilst practicing Mozart's Minuet in G , I came to wonder how a 5 or 6 year olds hands can manage some of the long finger stretches in this piece such as, g# up to f, and f# up to e, and so , then there are some nightmarish whole octaves. Not easy!
    Hmmmm...I am not advanced enough on the piano to play a Mozart Minuet so I am not familiar with the octave stretches. Perhaps Mozart dicatated the notes to his father who wrote them on the music sheets, but in fact Little Wolfgang was not actually able to play some of the harder bits due to his child sized hands- there is no way of telling unless someone has actually described seeing Wolfgang play this Minuet and describes his finger techniques.
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

These notes aren't played simultaneously, though. There is time to get from one to the other, even for little hands.

Comment

Working...
      X