Concert in the Beethoven Haus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Armando Orlandi View Post
    No you were not lucky ! Obviously this pendulum does not have the ringtone. The day 27 in Bonn there was a market of antiques ; and my friend Marco Pescetto has bought a grandfather clock (roughly 1898-1905 ) to € 120! After the concert , I met a gentleman , if I remember right, in Frankfurt. This gentleman had one clock and a certificate. Well , it was one written by Chopin who said that this watch had belonged to Beethoven. Chopin gave it to one of her ancestors . Obviously the document was original , but I said to this gentleman that instead of the watch was incontrovertibly 1838-1840 . This gentleman has suffered , but I told him that it was important that he already had one manuscript of Chopin ! But he was very angry !
    He said that the first watches of this type were made in 1825. Beethoven died in 1827 , and then he continues to believe in the possibility.
    Then I said that many people believe that Our Lord is risen after three days ......
    Against faith , science can not nothing

is a sin to live far away. I you would fix your clocks!
    Thanks for this interesting information Armando! Yes it is s shame I am so far! I will find a good clock one day and look after it better. I think I overwound some of my clocks.

ps you always find such people who will not listen to experts...

Thank you for your article on the repair of Beethoven's clock too.
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Working...
    X