Beethoven's Tenth Symphony: A Mystery Novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven's Tenth Symphony: A Mystery Novel

Fr. Papandreou reminded the conference of the question which had bothered the 'composer' so much. 'Had he been talking to Beethoven in heaven? If not, to whom was he talking?' The western bishop could not contain himself any longer. 'So now the walking dead are targeting the walking living and giving them ready-made symphonies announcing the end of the world, in this case written by Beethoven but not before he died. You must be joking! Where do you get this from? Even the inspector sounds now like he is losing it.' All over the world people are buzzing about a symphony that seems divinely inspired. But even more intriguing is the statement made by the conductor that he didn't use any music to direct the orchestra. Charged with investigating the mystery for the the Times newspaper, Inspector Michael Lewis travels across the world to engage in a summit discussion about the source of the mystical piece of music. Join author Dr. Erik Eriksson for a spiritual epiphany of historic proportions, and the profound impact of Beethoven's Tenth Symphony.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beethovens-T.../dp/161739291X

This looks intriguing- got good reviews too!
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Goodness! Where are you finding all this stuff?
    I have a few works of fiction that feature Beethoven and one of them is a murder mystery involving the discovery of Beethoven's Tenth Symphony but this is the first time I've come across the composer in fantasy and science-fiction.
    Being a huge SF fan, I'm sorely tempted.

Comment

Goodness! Where are you finding all this stuff?
      Let's just say I am a champion googler!

I have a few works of fiction that feature Beethoven and one of them is a murder mystery involving the discovery of Beethoven's Tenth Symphony but this is the first time I've come across the composer in fantasy and science-fiction.
      Being a huge SF fan, I'm sorely tempted. :

I think this is the book you mention Michael!
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Actually, I do have a totally off-the-wall novel which was published in 1993. It's called: "Ludwig- A Spiritual Thriller" and it's by Leslie Kenton, a daughter of the famous jazz musician Stan Kenton.

It involves the CIA, the Illuminati and a former Special Force Member called Michael (not me) who is haunted by the ghost of Beethoven.

I had totally forgotten about it and I now have a horrible inclination to read it again. I blame you, Aeolian!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Actually, I do have a totally off-the-wall novel which was published in 1993. It's called: "Ludwig- A Spiritual Thriller" and it's by Leslie Kenton, a daughter of the famous jazz musician Stan Kenton.

It involves the CIA, the Illuminati and a former Special Force Member called Michael (not me) who is haunted by the ghost of Beethoven.

I had totally forgotten about it and I now have a horrible inclination to read it again. I blame you, Aeolian!
          Was that the one you were referring to and not the one I posted about? Sounds intriguing...
          Is it good?
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
            Was that the one you were referring to and not the one I posted about? Sounds intriguing...
            Is it good?
            No - it's another book with the title "Tenth Symphony" and it's a rather poor murder mystery published about 25 years ago. I can't find it and I haven't looked too hard for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              No - it's another book with the title "Tenth Symphony" and it's a rather poor murder mystery published about 25 years ago. I can't find it and I haven't looked too hard for it.
              Well this one by Dr. Erik Eriksson might be far better! Put it in my save for later basket.
              Ludwig van Beethoven
              Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

There is also this one:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Haunted-Ho...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

An imaginary story of the discovery of Beethoven's 10th symphony has been depicted by Sue Latham in her novel The Haunted House Symphony.
                Ludwig van Beethoven
                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
                X