What is on your MP3 player rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is on your MP3 player rotation

Currently my MP3 player is rotating through the following (all but one Beethoven, and loving it):

Appassionata piano sonata
    Christ on the Mount of Olives
    Creatures of Prometheus (complete)
    Egmont (complete)
    Eroica Variations
    Choral Fantasy
    The Glorious Moment
    Fidelio (1978 Bernstein with Gundula Janowitz)
    Mass in C
    Missa Solemnis
    Triple Concerto
    Symphonies 1-8 Gunter Wand
    Symphony 9 Ferenc Fricsay
    and Messiah, Dublin Version (Dunedin Consort).

I plan to add some things as I delve into the Complete Beethoven CD set, but slowly. I do also have a lot of other composers on my other MP3 players, including Bach, Haydn, Vivaldi, Cherubini, and Mozart. Just that I am in a very Beethoven mode right now. Not to be too inward with that, I am going next month to a live performance of Brahms German Requiem which promises to be fantastic! Also have my sights set on Beethoven's Fifth which is being performed in Oct by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
    "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
    --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Quite a mixture on mine! Aside from the more usual repertoire, amongst the more unusual items are my Italian and French courses and the monks of Parkminster and some recordings of my piano teacher's recital from the 1950s.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Kind of a sore point- my mp3 player is odd- it came pre loaded with some classical music- I kept most of it, deleting the ones I wasn't keen on and there is room to add one's own music.

However, it only fully loads music of about 30 mins in length ( well not actually measured it but it seems so) and will not load up a whole long symphony. I have loaded music in movements and even then not always does it fully load them but stop midway- annoying when you are getting to the fave part of something.

Anyway it's got on it ( which was already on it) Mozart, Handel, Bach, Chopin. Mendelssohn, Rachmaninov, Holst, Schubert, Brahms, Debussy.

I have added some of our dear Maestro's music ( piano sonatas mostly) and some of Clara Schumann's.

I'll be getting a better mp3 player at some point! I do want to walk in the woods and hear the Pastoral Symphony in the Spring/Summer!
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
      Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

There is a nice Coby 4gb player you can get for $20, but be careful not to mistakenly get the 2gb version which looks the same. The limitation is it only plays wma or mp3 tracks. Battery life is very good, 30+ hours on a AA battery.

I have several other MP3 players. One is 4gb of johnny Winter. One is 4 gb of Bob Dylan and Neil Young. One is 2gb and has all the other classical I mentioned above. But right now I am only playing only the Beethoven one.
        Last edited by Harvey; 03-23-2014, 12:53 PM.
        "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."

Comment

I will get one at a later date- thanks for the tips.
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
          Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

I removed Christ on the Mount of Olives and Eroica Variations, but added two more Messiahs: Academic Orchestra and Choir in Copenhagen, and the Richter German Messiah (not Mozart's orchestration). I have adde the Beethoven violin sonatas, the Brahm's German Requiem (Academic Orchestra...), a second Missa Solemnis (Karajan with Gundula Janowitz), and some other miscellaneous pieces. And very likely will be adding La Cenerentola that I just ordered today (Abbado).

Comment

All Beethoven's symphonies, concertos, string quartets, piano sonatas, and a lot more.
              Andras Schiff''s talks on each of the 32 Beethoven sonatas.

About 90 Goon Shows.
              About 60 episodes of a Fifties' science-fiction programme.

About ten Beatle albums.
              About ten more albums of music from the Fifties and early Sixties ......
              12 hours of documentaries and podcasts.

Lots more odds and ends.

Good job I have 32 gigabytes and the damned thing is barely more than one inch square! Best present I ever got.

Comment

Working...
              X