Rare Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Page

All members will now have received an email informing you of the password to access the rare page. Featured this week is the aria 'Tremate, empi, tremate' Op.116
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

The file appears to be 6mb big. But I downloaded it and it is really 3mb. I will try to download it again and see what happens. By the way, did you receive any complain about this?

Comment

It should be larger than 3 MB. Try downloading it again. Sometimes things just cut out like that.

Comment

My computer takes forever to download.

------------------
        freedom for all- Ludwig Van Beethoven

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 01-15-2002).]

Comment

Great piece - It was first performed on 27th Feb 1814 and Beethoven probably revised the earlier 1802 version for this occasion which also featured a performance of the 7th Symphony and the premier of the 8th symphony along with Wellington's victory. What a night that must have been!

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
            Great piece - It was first performed on 27th Feb 1814 and Beethoven probably revised the earlier 1802 version for this occasion which also featured a performance of the 7th Symphony and the premier of the 8th symphony along with Wellington's victory. What a night that must have been!

Yes, isn't this piece great entertainment, like B's other rarely heard concert arias, yet who performs or records them? B was upset regarding the above concert for which op116 was advertised as a wholely 'new' piece when this was clearly not the case.

Regarding the downloading time I recommend people persevere or sample the track at an internet cafe with highspeed access (if we have them here in the UK they must exist on the moon!).

------------------
            "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
            http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

I've never seen one in the USA. But if cable Internet is available in your area, check into getting it. It's not too expensive these days, and it's many, many times faster, compared to dial-up. In fact, I saved money by switching to cable, since I was able to cancel the extra phone line I needed for my modem.

Comment

Working...
              X