Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the past few days, listening to all the Piano Trios and the Cello Sonatas.
    (By Beethoven, incidentally.)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      For the past few days, listening to all the Piano Trios and the Cello Sonatas.
      (By Beethoven, incidentally.)
      Great listening Michael- they are brilliant.
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
      Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

This beautiful soprano duet in Handel's Israel in Egypt.
        "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
        --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

I live a fractious existence right now (I had Beethoven beat long time ago with the apartment rental count)--so this is especially nice to plug into

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfJHmDhLVRc
          "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

of course what you are watching now could de-stress---depending on how much fun you're having

this one is very delightful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_KUFBUC6Mg
            "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

This morning:
              Paganini: Violin Concerto #2 in b, Op 7, "La Campanella"
              Prokofiev: Lt. Kije Suite

Comment

Going to a concert of Brahms German Requiem tonight. I can not wait for 8 pm to come!!
                For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Comment

Vladimir Horowitz; Arturo Toscanini: NBC Symphony Orchestra
                  April 25 1943,in concert at Carnegie Hall Live playing Tchaikovsky's piano concerto no.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ksVduF2rr4

EPIC!!!!!!!
                  There is something about these vintage recordings- what power and passion!
                  The piano is omg...expecially at 2.20-2.24- what's going on there?! WOW! Never heard anyone play it like that before...
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

The rest of the violin sonata discs of the Cascade set:

Violin Sonatas Nos. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

9 and 10 are played by Emmy Verhey and Carlos Moerdijk like the first five sonatas, and they are again very good. 6, 7, and 8 were played by another duo for some reason, and the sound was pretty harsh. It may be due to how they were recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                      Going to a concert of Brahms German Requiem tonight. I can not wait for 8 pm to come!!
                      It was FANTASTIC!
                      Rocco and I just got back. The concert was at the acoustically excellent Hill Auditorium on the campus of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was performed by the University Musical Society (UMS) Choral Union and the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra, Jerry Blackstone, conductor. The choir was about 100 strong and their voices had great clarity in Hill Auditorium. Both soloists were wonderful: Nadine Sierra, soprano, and John Relyea, bass.
                      "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X9zKdKQ_F8

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                          It was FANTASTIC!
                          Rocco and I just got back. The concert was at the acoustically excellent Hill Auditorium on the campus of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was performed by the University Musical Society (UMS) Choral Union and the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra, Jerry Blackstone, conductor. The choir was about 100 strong and their voices had great clarity in Hill Auditorium. Both soloists were wonderful: Nadine Sierra, soprano, and John Relyea, bass.
                          How lovely guys!
                          Ludwig van Beethoven
                          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I just ordered the Brahms German Requiem by the Akademisk Orkester with the Akademisk Kor, conducted by Morten Topp, on Scandinavian Classics label. It should be as wonderful as their Israel in Egypt that I just received the other day, and the Messiah that is on its way. Now I will have two Brahms German Requiems, the other with Karajan conducting and the splendid soprano, Gundula Janowitz. I am listening to the Karajan recording right now.

Comment

Palestrina - Missa Papae Marcelli
                              'Man know thyself'

Comment

My favourite Bagatelles- being played on his Broadwood piano!!!...I am in heaven...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73SWpsVIb4s
                                Last edited by AeolianHarp; 04-07-2014, 12:56 AM.
                                Ludwig van Beethoven
                                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
                                X