No announcement yet.

Beethoven charity shop finds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stairway location is nice for the Beethoven plaque (what exactly do we call it?). You have a very nice staircase too, and the full shot of the book shelf is very interesting. I see the Beethoven set on top of the CD rack. Symphonies?
    "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
    --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

The stairway location is nice for the Beethoven plaque (what exactly do we call it?)
      A picture!

You have a very nice staircase too
      Ah thank you but it is not finished yet- the wood needs staining and varnishing and some boxes under the stairs tidying up/moving!

and the full shot of the book shelf is very interesting. I see the Beethoven set on top of the CD rack. Symphonies?

The boxed set is Daniel Barenboim playing the piano sonatas. It was a gift from a friend.

Have you got any portraits up/ Beethoven themes/shelves etc in your home anyone? Care to share photos too?
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
      Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

All I have is a photograph of my father in the 1980s sitting at his desk with a Beethoven festival flyer on the wall above his desk. He did love Beethoven's music and as I may have mentioned, was the one who told me I should get Beethoven's symphonies 3, 5, and 6 in particular, and I did get all three back in the 1980s, but failed to fully appreciate them at the time. I recently just gave them a way to a pianist whom I worked with.
        "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
          All I have is a photograph of my father in the 1980s sitting at his desk with a Beethoven festival flyer on the wall above his desk. He did love Beethoven's music and as I may have mentioned, was the one who told me I should get Beethoven's symphonies 3, 5, and 6 in particular, and I did get all three back in the 1980s, but failed to fully appreciate them at the time. I recently just gave them a way to a pianist whom I worked with.
          Nice to have such a photo of your father Harvey.
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
            Nice to have such a photo of your father Harvey.
            Yes it is. And I see my message was not totally clear. What I gave away was the vinyl editions of those three symphonies.

Comment

Hope they went to an appreciative home!
              Ludwig van Beethoven
              Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
              X