No announcement yet.

Most beautiful Beethoven melody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comes to mind.......I love the Beethoven boogie woogie section in his Piano Sonata no. 32. Op. 111. It's upbeat and brilliant!

There is something for everyone in B's music, full of life, vitality, passion and commitment, and melancholy, etc.
    ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      The final movement of the Pastoral Symphony
      No sitting on the fence for me, I'm going to go with this one.

http://youtu.be/iQGm0H9l9I4?t=39m16s

40:20 is the single most beautiful moment in all of music.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        My choice would be the second movement of his Sym. #7. For me this piece is both sad and beautiful at the same time.

Oh it is! And what about the second movement of the Waldstein! The way it starts with that beautiful gentle melody....then it gets faster and more passionate!
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
        Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Comes to mind.......I love the Beethoven boogie woogie section in his Piano Sonata no. 32. Op. 111. It's upbeat and brilliant!
          It nearly knocked my socks off when I first heard it! I was like whaaaaaaaaaaat?! What a big surprise that was!

There is something for everyone in B's music, full of life, vitality, passion and commitment, and melancholy, etc.
          There really is! And often one piece of music will contain all of that!!
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by hal9000 View Post

When it goes into pp?
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Yes. I very rarely ever cry at music, but that moment has brought me to tears.

Comment

Yes. I very rarely ever cry at music, but that moment has brought me to tears.
                Awwww xxxx
                Ludwig van Beethoven
                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Violin Sonata in G major op 96, first movement....this will always be one of my top favourites of his music. It is just so magical.
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I would put that moment some ten minutes or so earlier, when the theme is first ushered in by the flute, just after the storm movement. The whole finale starts off on a weak beat.
                    We're both on the same movement, though.

Comment

Just looking at this thread says it all to me.... I know why I call Beethoven God. My friends smile at me when I say this, but his music simply is divine and there is soooo much of it that is soooo brilliant.
                      The development of his music over time, from his early Piano Sonatas to his late String Quartets, that alone is really unique. His incredible genious in experimenting with new stuff, like for example introducing new instruments into the orchestra, to expanding (or pushing for it) the register of the piano, from very classical stuff (even in his 'later' 8th symphony), to the late quartets I just mentioned, which are near to metaphysical.
                      And like Aeolianharp keeps saying: he manages (and that is also quite unique) to make you travel through the panoply of human emotions in one single piece of music. Which is why I'll always love his 5th symphony. The range of emotions in that work is really unbelievable. And all based, in essence on a simple motive: ta-ta-ta-taa..... No wonder he was admired for his improvisations on the piano. His musical imagination had no boundaries.

Comment

The violin in the Benedictus from Beethoven's Missa Solemnis will surely melt your hearts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8oTJJ3HdPM&feature=kp

Actually, I like this version better.
                        Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra,
                        Conductor Nikolaus Harnoncourt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPNMYBfsqTY

Last edited by Megan; 07-01-2014, 07:18 AM.
                        ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Too many to list......... Just give 2 for now:

> Op.97 3rd movement.
                          > Op.111 2nd movement.

Comment

1st movement, Piano Sonata No.12 in A-flat Major, Op.26

The best performer of this work -- Arrou

Comment

Working...
                            X