Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info

HI!! thank you for your mail Peter, i really apreciated that. what i want to ask to you all, is what you've got about beethoven and his psicology history. Really need that for my work! Thank you.
    Big kiss

------------------
    Sara Carneiro
    Sara Carneiro

I haven't read it but I know Maynard Solomon has a psychology angle on Beethoven in his book published by Schirman, ISBN 0-028-72240-X. Personally I'm wary of psychologists!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Testing a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliye:
        HI!! thank you for your mail Peter, i really apreciated that. what i want to ask to you all, is what you've got about beethoven and his psicology history. Really need that for my work! Thank you.
        Big kiss

Well, as Peter has already said Solomon is the main and most famous source for Beethoven psychoanalysis and I must say this source is FAR from reliable -I personally think the only way to deduce B's psycology is to read those books that consern themselves with non-psycological aspects and just stick to hard events and facts and contemporary accounts as far as we know them, and then listen to the music, and deduce it all for yourself! Not a convenient solution I admit so no big kisses for me, but if nothing else I recommend you don't rely on Solomon.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 01-05-2002).]
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
        X