I'm scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm scared

What's with the front page introduction? It makes me feel like I'm on Star Trek!

i know that was the scareiest thing I've ever seen.

It's like the master of the universe looking down at us from the stars

Comment

Why did the webmaster choose Beethoven's mortuary mask instead of a common photo? Does this have an intention to scare the visitors?

Comment

Calm down! - I'm only experimenting with my DHTML - Frightened the life out of you though!

The page has already changed and probably will again until I'm satisfied.

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
          Why did the webmaster choose Beethoven's mortuary mask instead of a common photo? Does this have an intention to scare the visitors?
          Beethoven would love you for saying that - it is actually his life mask!

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
            Calm down! - I'm only experimenting with my DHTML - Frightened the life out of you though!

At present this page is a mess on my IMac. If something's supposed to be happening it ain't on my computer. I'd scrap the idea of doing your experimenting 'live', it's not necessary.

------------------
            "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
            http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
              At present this page is a mess on my IMac. If something's supposed to be happening it ain't on my computer. I'd scrap the idea of doing your experimenting 'live', it's not necessary.

Well it looks fine on my browser - what about everyone else?

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Well it looks fine on my browser - what about everyone else?

Yep, I like it. It may even encourage casual visitors to investigate the site further!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                  What's with the front page introduction? It makes me feel like I'm on Star Trek!
                  Life is one long Star Trek episode, my friend.

Live long and prosper.

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
                    Yep, I like it. It may even encourage casual visitors to investigate the site further!

Thanks - nice to get some positive feed back!

------------------
                    'Man know thyself'
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Well, Peter, it looks much better now. I have to say, though, that most people find front pages with no purpose other than to direct you to another page rather annoying. At least you didn't use Flash, which many people use for that. It's a nice piece of software, but using it for intros is a bad idea. People just load up the page, see "You must download Flash 5 to view this page," and then hit the back button

Originally posted by PDG:
                      Life is one long Star Trek episode, my friend.
                      Live long and prosper.
                      Indeed! But sometimes I feel it's more like the following Star Trek quote:

"We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

Comment

Thanks - nice to get some positive feed back!
                        Another positive feedback--I liked it. It demanded my undivided attention and I think occasional change is very good for the soul.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter:
                          [B]Calm down! - I'm only experimenting with my DHTML - Frightened the life out of you though!

I like it, Peter. You know I like the real thing.

Suz

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris:
                            [B]What's with the front page introduction? It makes me feel like I'm on Star Trek![/B

That's a good thing, sweetie.

Comment

Hey, I love Star Trek, but not when I'm trying to listen to Beethoven! But that intro is gone, replaced with this much better one.

Comment

Working...
                              X