I saw Itzhak Perlman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Itzhak Perlman

I saw him perform AND conduct yesterday. Performed 2 Mozart pieces and conducted B's 8th, also Borodins 2nd. All I can say is WOW. I was impressed to say the least. What control and passion he has with every note!!

------------------
    "To play without passion is inexcusable!" - Ludwig van Beethoven

Originally posted by Zon:
    I saw him perform AND conduct yesterday. Performed 2 Mozart pieces and conducted B's 8th, also Borodins 2nd. All I can say is WOW. I was impressed to say the least. What control and passion he has with every note!!
    That's nothing, I saw Des O'Connor signing copies of his biography at Borders in Oxford Street last week!! He's even more tanned in the flesh than he looks on TV!! 3 weeks ago I saw Rolf Harris in similar circumstances! All true!!

I hope Perlman observed the true exhilarating nature of the first and last movments of the 8th? The last especially should be like lightning, as fast as possible!

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Yes, he's a great talent. It really does amaze me how easy he makes playing the violin look. I mean, it is a HARD instrument, but he looks as though he has no more trouble with it than writing his own name.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rod:
        That's nothing, I saw Des O'Connor signing copies of his biography at Borders in Oxford Street last week!!

Did you buy one?!!

The last especially should be like lightning, as fast as possible!

It's quite amazing how many lame performances of this there are. I think the 1st movement suffers even more as it is particularly rare to hear this Allegro vivace e con brio!

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

It sounded great-very tight. Especially the first and last movement!
          Even more amazing is that when he was exiting the stage he tripped and fell. Refused to get up or let anyone help him, needless to say, he crawled off!! Came out after intermission to conduct Borodins 2nd. Awesome!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Zon:

Wow that's awsome! I bet you had a great time!

------------------
            freedom for all- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Peter:
              Originally posted by Rod:
              That's nothing, I saw Des O'Connor signing copies of his biography at Borders in Oxford Street last week!!

Did you buy one?!!
              No, but you may be interested to know I bought a new Beethoven cd of British folk songs on the Astree label, period instruments. Very good recording like the other one you have bought, only here there are just songs (24 of them), some are duets, for soprano, tenor and baritone. No attempt at a Scottish accent on this occasion, which is a pity, but good stuff all the same.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
                That's nothing, I saw Des O'Connor signing copies of his biography at Borders in Oxford Street last week!! He's even more tanned in the flesh than he looks on TV!! 3 weeks ago I saw Rolf Harris in similar circumstances! All true!!

I hope Perlman observed the true exhilarating nature of the first and last movments of the 8th? The last especially should be like lightning, as fast as possible!

Des O'Conner?? Is he still around? We used to watch him here in the states in the '70's!! He had a variety show that was shown here. Surely that's not still on TV!!
                I still remember his theme song, "Anytime"!

Joy
                'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                  Des O'Conner?? Is he still around? We used to watch him here in the states in the '70's!! He had a variety show that was shown here. Surely that's not still on TV!!
                  I still remember his theme song, "Anytime"!

Joy
                  The first single I ever bought was his "Dick-A-Dum-Dum" (1969).

Joy, I'm amazed that you've even heard of him. I had no idea that he ever made an impression Stateside. Over here, he's as popular as ever. Maybe this site should become a Beethoven/Des O'Connor Reference Site.....Two colossal musical talents spanning 200+ years. Whaddya say, Peter?? Come on, you know you want to!!

[This message has been edited by PDG (edited 11-06-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
                    The first single I ever bought was his "Dick-A-Dum-Dum" (1968).

Joy, I'm amazed that you've even heard of him. I had no idea that he ever made an impression Stateside. Over here, he's as popular as ever. Maybe this site should become a Beethoven/Des O'Connor Reference Site.....Two colossal musical talents spanning 200+ years. Whaddya say, Peter?? Come on, you know you want to!!

He was quite a success here in the states with his variety show, Peter. If I remember he is quite versatile wih singing, comedy, etc. We liked him a lot. Glad to hear he's still around and performing!!
                    Joy

Comment

So the theme was "I saw Itzak Perlman"... and as I can read you also heard him !!! I love his way of playing and conducting too.

I am lost : who is Des O'Connor ??? (remember I am french living in Germany...)

------------------
                      Claudie
                      Claudie

Comment

Originally posted by Claudie MICAULT:
                        So the theme was "I saw Itzak Perlman"... and as I can read you also heard him !!! I love his way of playing and conducting too.

UK TV and theater entertainer and singer for many years, and now autobiographer. Famed for his permanent sun-tan.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 11-07-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Claudie MICAULT:

How lucky you are!!

------------------
                          'Man know thyself'
                          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Everyone should checkout Des's new album, "Remembering the Crooners". It'll be number one at Christmas, I tell you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
                              Everyone should checkout Des's new album, "Remembering the Crooners". It'll be number one at Christmas, I tell you!!!
                              Gee, I wonder if it'll be available in America!!

Comment

Working...
                              X