Free Beethoven download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
    No, when I got it back on it was something different. But that's okay, I have all of Beethoven's symphonies on CD. No pesky ads over here....I have adblock on Chrome, I never have to see any ads!
    I have got adblock on Firefox...but still some of them turn up on his radio...
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
      I have got adblock on Firefox...but still some of them turn up on his radio...
      I have adblock plus, I don't know if that makes any difference or if that is what you have, but I've been playing the radio a lot today and never saw any ads.
      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Comment

I have adblock plus, I don't know if that makes any difference or if that is what you have, but I've been playing the radio a lot today and never saw any ads.
        I think that's the one on Firefox- they pop up now and again the ads..some days more than others!
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I think that's the one on Firefox- they pop up now and again the ads..some days more than others!
          Try going to the red adblock plus icon, click that to give you a small drop down menu. From there click on filter preferences. That will bring up a window, go to the lower left of that window and uncheck "Allow some non intrusive advertising". See if that helps.
          For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Comment

Well I just downloaded the 1947 Eroica and will say, nice historic recording, but it sounds flat, lacking bottom end, when played in my truck. I know the 1929 one off that site is scratchy. I did get good piano sonatas off classiccat though, and piano is not as demanding audiophonically (did I just invent a new word?) so it would seem to me.
            "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
            --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Just downloaded free piano sonata #23 at this site. These were 256 kbps MP3 files.

Also downloaded Fifteen Variations and a Fugue in E-flat Major, Op. 35 at this site. This one is only 128 kbps MP3, not so great, but piano solo music seems to handle lower bit rates better than orchestra music.

Both sites were found through classiccat.net a free music site.
              "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                Just downloaded free piano sonata #23 at this site. These were 256 kbps MP3 files.

Also downloaded Fifteen Variations and a Fugue in E-flat Major, Op. 35 at this site. This one is only 128 kbps MP3, not so great, but piano solo music seems to handle lower bit rates better than orchestra music.

Both sites were found through classiccat.net a free music site.
                Oh must have a look at those thanks Harvey!

EDIT...just looked at the second one- you cannot save it to one's computer, just play them.
                Last edited by AeolianHarp; 03-01-2014, 05:04 PM.
                Ludwig van Beethoven
                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Try going to the red adblock plus icon, click that to give you a small drop down menu. From there click on filter preferences. That will bring up a window, go to the lower left of that window and uncheck "Allow some non intrusive advertising". See if that helps.
                  Will have a look at that...I'm on Linux...
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Oh must have a look at those thanks Harvey!

EDIT...just looked at the second one- you cannot save it to one's computer, just play them.
                    Right click on download:

"Open Link in New Tab" plays them

"Save Link As" saves them to your hard drive

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                      Right click on download:

"Open Link in New Tab" plays them

"Save Link As" saves them to your hard drive
                      Duh me! Thanks Harvey! More to add to my LvB music collection...
                      Ludwig van Beethoven
                      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Duh me! Thanks Harvey! More to add to my LvB music collection...
                        I do recommend going all the way back to the Classic Cat site I liked above and selecting Beethoven (or other composers as you please). Some are complete works, some are partial, some are pretty good, some are not so good. Once downloaded, check the bit rate, For MP3 I like 256 minimum, though 192 is probably fine. Depends what you are playing it on.

Comment

Thanks Harvey.
                          Ludwig van Beethoven
                          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Will have a look at that...I'm on Linux...
                            Oh speaking of Linux, I just recently started using it and I love it! It's so much better than Windows!

Comment

Oh speaking of Linux, I just recently started using it and I love it! It's so much better than Windows!
                              OMG yes..nothing would persuade me to go back to Windows- been on Linux for 2 years now! It is brilliant and FREE!!! I am a Linux geek hehe..

( And there are great Linux forums where you get help for free too)
                              Ludwig van Beethoven
                              Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Rocco just set me up with Linux Mint. My HP Pavilion was given up for dead when it required the OS to be reloaded every time I started it. Now it works great! I feel like I have been set free!

Comment

Working...
                                X