• Show
Clear All

Free Beethoven download

http://www.classicfm.com/artists/ji-...24&cmp=EMC-NEO
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

1947 Eroica, Serge Koussevitzky, conductor

They also have another Eroica from 1929.
    "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
    --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Thanks for that.
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

That site has a lot of free music from 78 RPM records that can be downloaded as MP3. I usually google search for Internet archive and my favorite composer.

Also there is tons of free music linked at ClassicCat. Quality varies but I have found good music there.
        "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."

Comment

And Internet Archive also has books. How about Beethoven the Creator by Rolland Romain? This is an essential book for the Beethoven enthusiast. It addresses the highly creative years of 1803-1806 with chapters on the Eroica, the Appassionata, Leonora, Beethoven's deafness, and the women in Beethoven's life. I actually got a used copy on Amazon as I prefer hard copy, but it is there for the downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
            That site has a lot of free music from 78 RPM records that can be downloaded as MP3. I usually google search for Internet archive and my favorite composer.

Also there is tons of free music linked at ClassicCat. Quality varies but I have found good music there.

Thanks Harvey- my portable HD has a growing collection of music- mostly Beethoven, but some others too! Oh and have you discovered his radio station yet? I listen to it every day- it's brilliant! Through this I has discovered so much more of his music. They play loads of his WoO music and many compositions played on contemporary instruments and fortepiano, which I love!

http://streamdb2web.securenetsystems.net/v5/BEETIR
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
              Oh and have you discovered his radio station yet? I listen to it every day- it's brilliant! Through this I has discovered so much more of his music. They play loads of his WoO music and many compositions played on contemporary instruments and fortepiano, which I love!

http://streamdb2web.securenetsystems.net/v5/BEETIR
              That's really interesting, have it playing right now. Is there any way of knowing what is currently playing?
              For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                That's really interesting, have it playing right now. Is there any way of knowing what is currently playing?
                The guy says at the end what he has just played. And introduces each piece of music also. I see you are a new member Rocco- welcome!
                Ludwig van Beethoven
                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

The guy says at the end what he has just played. And introduces each piece of music also. I see you are a new member Rocco- welcome!
                  Okay I guess I just have to be patient. Thanks for the welcome. It looks like a great site.
                  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                    And Internet Archive also has books. How about Beethoven the Creator by Rolland Romain? This is an essential book for the Beethoven enthusiast. It addresses the highly creative years of 1803-1806 with chapters on the Eroica, the Appassionata, Leonora, Beethoven's deafness, and the women in Beethoven's life. I actually got a used copy on Amazon as I prefer hard copy, but it is there for the downloading.
                    I'm downloading the pdf now, thanks Harvey. Also saved a hard copy in my Amazon basket.

Here's another gem I got from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beethoven-Do...en+h+c+robbins

I highly recommend it- full of ancedotes about him and loads of illustrations.
                    Ludwig van Beethoven
                    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Okay I guess I just have to be patient. Thanks for the welcome. It looks like a great site.
                      Good to have another new member! Oh his 8th is on his radio now.
                      Ludwig van Beethoven
                      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Good to have another new member! Oh his 8th is on his radio now.
                        Thanks! I know, I heard the start of the 8th and then accidentally closed the tab...now it won't reopen because my computer is slow at the moment... I need to restart my computer.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will find every aspect of Beethoven's life here. Enjoy!
                          ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Thanks! I know, I heard the start of the 8th and then accidentally closed the tab...now it won't reopen because my computer is slow at the moment... I need to restart my computer.

I hope you got to hear the rest of the 8th! By the way after awhile it stops and asks are you still here..and you click on it again..and it has pesky ads pop up sometimes...but hey Beethoven 24/7 and free..cannot complain!
                            Ludwig van Beethoven
                            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I hope you got to hear the rest of the 8th! By the way after awhile it stops and asks are you still here..and you click on it again..and it has pesky ads pop up sometimes...but hey Beethoven 24/7 and free..cannot complain!
                              No, when I got it back on it was something different. But that's okay, I have all of Beethoven's symphonies on CD. No pesky ads over here....I have adblock on Chrome, I never have to see any ads!

Comment

Working...
                              X