Annoying Musical Habits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying Musical Habits

This is good fun from Classic FM: a list of annoying music-related habits.

http://www.classicfm.com/discover/mu...noying-habits/

I am sure we can think of a few more. Mitsuko Uchida is particularly guilty of Habit No. 7.
    I've often done a No. 2 - but only at home. (Actually, that doesn't sound right).

Last edited by Michael; 01-24-2014, 01:29 PM.

I think I would add spontaneous whistling. Especially in restrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
      I think I would add spontaneous whistling. Especially in restrooms.
      And in the OFFICE RIGHT NEXT TO MINE.

Comment

Bus drivers who whistle the whole of your journey!

🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          This is good fun from Classic FM: a list of annoying music-related habits.

http://www.classicfm.com/discover/mu...noying-habits/

I am sure we can think of a few more. Mitsuko Uchida is particularly guilty of Habit No. 7.
          I've often done a No. 2 - but only at home. (Actually, that doesn't sound right).

Mitsuko..love her, yes- she is such a good pianist and spoils it by all those weird open mouthed expressions....it is said Beethoven never played like that!
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
          Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

While I was being treated for kidney stones, one of the medics kept whistling this tune over and over. I was slightly anaesthetised so I murmured the name of the tune.
            He replied that he didn't know what it was, he had heard it on the radio and couldn't stop whistling it - despite the fact that he didn't even like it!

(I think I mentioned this before in an "Earworms" thread).

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
              Mitsuko..love her, yes- she is such a good pianist and spoils it by all those weird open mouthed expressions....it is said Beethoven never played like that!
              Lang Lang has a touch of it too. The thought of Beethoven making weird faces while playing is a bit alarming!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Lang Lang has a touch of it too. The thought of Beethoven making weird faces while playing is a bit alarming!
                Yes Lang Lang has his moments also! No, Beethoven didn't do weird faces, he played and that was it. Also none of that swaying back and forth, leaving hands in the air etc!
                Ludwig van Beethoven
                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

No.9 is pretty rich for an article titled 'muso habits'!
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Actually no 1 is probably correct LOL!
                    Ludwig van Beethoven
                    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                      No.9 is pretty rich for an article titled 'muso habits'!
                      Mmmm. Beet is hard to beat?

Comment

Haha! This is great. So far I have had my share of

the air conducting - at Wiener Staatsoper, no, wasn't me, but some elderly lady sitting in front of me, the chair moved to her gestures it tells you sth (to the Leonore 3 overture in the middle of Fidelio)

harmonizing - do this myself all the time like when cooking and cleaning omg, sometimes won't even notice it

abbreviating - I have so much Moz and Beet on my iPod but luckily also BACH lol

used to be obsessively protective of my fingers back in music college (but that was only fair as my right hand once got caught between the car door...there is no way to describe the pain and horror! survived with only bruises, it was unbelievable)

Does giving pet names count as one? Shosty, Schubie, Chip Chip...*hides*
                        Fühle was dies' Herz empfindent, reiche frei mir deine Hand, und das Band das uns verbindet, sei kein schwaches Rosenband! (J.W.von Goethe)

Comment

Then there is the story (probably untrue) of the audience member who was spotted sitting through a performance of Gounod's "Faust" while reading, with fierce concentration, the score of "The Damnation of Faust" by Berlioz.

Comment

Working...
                          X