• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claudio Abbado, R.I.P.

Very sad news:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...s-aged-80.html

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Sad news indeed, I never realized he suffered from stomach cancer.

May he rest in peace.
    🎹

Comment

RIP

He brought me much joy with his recordings over the years, and I will continue to enjoy them for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
        Sad news indeed, I never realized he suffered from stomach cancer.

May he rest in peace.
        Yes I was shocked when I saw a video of him on Youtube recently - unrecognisable from the man I recall. A great loss.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Sad news indeed. Claudio Abbado loved Vienna and was a big part of our classical music scene. He was the musical director of our Staatsoper from 1986 to 1991 and in 1955 he studied conducting with Hans Swarowsky at the Vienna Academy of Music. He also conducted our New Year's Day concerts in 1988 and 1991. R.I.P. Claudio.
          "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

RIP Claudio, you are missed.
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
            Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

I'll never forget/forgive a friend of mine (ok, a bit harsh) for not replacing me at work (he was my partner) in 1982, to go to a concert in Brussels where he did Mahler's Fifth. I listened to it at work (pub) and cried throughout, but would have loved to see him at work. I have an incredible recording of Mahler's 4th of his (that slow movement really blows the mind) and missed him again as he cancelled a concert last November in Essen.... I knew then I would never see him. But his recordings are among the best there is and he will live on !

Comment

Bit mean of your work mate that!
                Ludwig van Beethoven
                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
                Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Working...
                X