Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Suicide-attempt music

Hi,

I was just wondering, does anybody know which piece was played while the suicide attempt (with the pistol on the castle scene)was taking place? It was really beautiful

Thanks

Brrrrram

Originally posted by brrrrram:
    Hi,

I was just wondering, does anybody know which piece was played while the suicide attempt (with the pistol on the castle scene)was taking place? It was really beautiful

Thanks

Brrrrram
    Are you referring to the film Immortal Beloved? If you are, the answer is the 2nd movment of the 7th symphony.

Bob

------------------
    Some have said I am ripe for the Madhouse. Does that make me Beethoven? No, but it is interesting.
    Some have said I am ripe for the Madhouse. Does that make me Beethoven? No, but it is interesting.

Comment

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BOB!!!!
      I've been looking for that music for soooooooo long thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very very very happy Brrrrram

Comment

I've been looking for that music for soooooooo long thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*she begins to laugh so hard on the floor* I'm glad you find your answer! Welcome to the board.

------------------
        freedom for all- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Comment

Who says answering queries is a thankless job?

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by ~Immortal Beloved~:
            *she begins to laugh so hard on the floor* I'm glad you find your answer! Welcome to the board.

Heck, your always laughing Immortal! Who said classical music wasn't fun? Watch out or you'll give yourself a hernia.

------------------
            "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
            http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Okay, but lets be serious, it is a very very very very nice piece of music hmmmm? I mean, there's no doubt about it hmmm?

Comment

Okay, but lets be serious, it is a very very very very nice piece of music hmmmm? I mean, there's no doubt about it hmmm?
                We are all very very very srious people here on this forum... and we agree : thank you Beethoven, thank you, thank you, thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!!(da capo !)

Claudie

Comment

Originally posted by Claudie MICAULT:
                  We are all very very very srious people here on this forum... and we agree : thank you Beethoven, thank you, thank you, thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!!(da capo !)

Check out the 'Fun Page' just to see how deadly serious we are!
                  www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/funpage.html

------------------
                  'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 11-23-2001).]
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Wahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahah ahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha
                    ahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahah ahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaah ahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahah ahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahah
                    ahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahah aahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahah ahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaa hahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahah
                    ahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaaha hahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahah aahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahaha hahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaa
                    hahahahaha!!!!! That wasn't very serious now was it??? That scramble picture was REALLY hard, I really couldn't get the hang of it...

Peace

Brrrrram

<font color = "red">I edited your message so we won't have to scroll sideways in this thread. - Chris</font>

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 11-27-2001).]

Comment

Wahahahah...hahahah!!!!!
                      Brrrrram
                      My keyboard does that occasionally. It could be dust.

Michael

<font color = "red">Edited to get rid of sideways srolling! - Chris</font>

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 11-27-2001).]

Comment

First, I don't know how to 'quote' previous messages in order to reply to them.

This has been a very amusing thread, but wouldn't this be a nice opportunity to make some comments on the piece in question? Musically, historically, subjectively, etc. Certainly it's a beautiful movement, but i should think it deserves more than that.

I'm not the expert, and I haven't heard it in a while, but as I recall, the movement opens and closes with a "questioning" chord. (I'm sure there's a musically accurate way of saying that.) The simple main theme, played by the lower strings, ascends through the string section and orchestra as the beautiful conter-melody follows. Several lighter episodes divert us, but we return, first to a double fugue, which serves as a development perhaps, then to a powerful reiteration of the of the main theme (by the strings?) and the countermelody (by the winds and horns?). The movement ends with a kind of disintergration of the simple main theme as it, now, descends through the various parts of the orcherstra, and closes with that final questioning chord.

As I'm sure you can tell, this analysis is purely from recollection. Good, now I have to go and listen to it again.

Beethoven composed some incredible slow movement, huh? In addition to the 7th symphony, the slow movements form his 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 9th come to mind, as does the sublime 2nd movement of the Emperor Concerto.

David

Comment

Thank you, David.

No, I'm serious. When I started this chain-thing: "That Suicide-attempt music" I did have the intentions to just have a good, well mannered discussion about this fenominal piece which you analysed so greatly. Only when I had gotten an answer from someone about which piece of music "That suicide-attempt music" (which, of course was 7th symphony, 2nd movement)really was, I got quite hysteric and answered with "THANK YOU" x100. So lets start again. This music is astonishing, and (seeing the first time I heard it, it featured in the films "Immortal Beloved" and "Photographing Fairies" - which is a very nice film, and which I strongly advise to everyone) when I listen to it (as I'm doing now) it brings bach a large amount of emotions and the certain atmosphere I felt while watching this two films. Only one thing in David's review I noticed wasn't totally true. The "questioning chord" at the end of the piece, isn't a "questioning chord" at all. It is in fact a built up, broken chord, which isn't unusual, seeing that questioning chords hardly were ever used in classic music (questioning, final chords really came into the scene in the jazz period).

Comment

Working...
                          X