His birthday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I also thought it was a cake at first glance, but I think it must be a tea-towel! Unfortunately, my mind always gravitates towards something you can eat.
    Well I do have bad eyesight and I was hungry, waiitng for my dinner I was.
    And Beethoven's face on a tea towel? Who would have the audacity to wipe his marvellous face on plates?!
    Mind you eating him might just be as cheeky!
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
      Well I do have bad eyesight and I was hungry, waiitng for my dinner I was.
      And Beethoven's face on a tea towel? Who would have the audacity to wipe his marvellous face on plates?!
      Mind you eating him might just be as cheeky!
      I'm just happy that his likeness isn't on toilet paper.

"God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Is Beethoven's birthday offically celebrated in Vienna or his Birthplace

I'm thinking on the same scale as Shakespeare's birthday celebrations in his hometown, they have a procession through the town dressed in period costume and kind of pageant with music, acting etc.
        Last edited by Megan; 12-17-2013, 07:42 AM.
        🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          I'm just happy that his likeness isn't on toilet paper.

I was tempted to make a joke about bum notes but my good taste prevailed.

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
            Which one?
            Sorry, don't recall; it was early.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
              Sorry, don't recall; it was early.
              Not good enough.

Comment

Nah, never too late to celebrate Ludwig's birthday! Time to crack open a tube!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I was tempted to make a joke about bum notes but my good taste prevailed.
                  Reminds me of composer Max Reger who was sitting on the loo writing a response to some criticism of his music: "Sir, I have your review in front of me; in a few moments it will be behind me."

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post

I'm thinking on the same scale as Shakespeare's birthday celebrations in his hometown, they have a procession through the town dressed in period costume and kind of pageant with music, acting etc.
                    I don't know Megan- but shame on them if they don't!
                    Ludwig van Beethoven
                    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

He hasn't even been granted a Google page any of his anniversaries. That page is left to the inventor of the nuclear-driven fly-swatter or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                        Reminds me of composer Max Reger who was sitting on the loo writing a response to some criticism of his music: "Sir, I have your review in front of me; in a few moments it will be behind me."
                        Yes, I remember that one.

Comment

Is Beethoven's birthday officially celebrated in Vienna or his Birthplace?
                          Well, unfortunately Vienna doesn't have any big celebrations for Beethoven's birthday. There are some concerts in his honor but not much else. Perhaps there is something more to see in Bonn than here, as sad as that may be.
                          "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Well, unfortunately Vienna doesn't have any big celebrations for Beethoven's birthday. There are some concerts in his honor but not much else.

Perhaps there is something more to see in Bonn than here, as sad as that may be.

I shall have to look- surely his home town would accord him some honour???
                            Ludwig van Beethoven
                            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

We'll all have to wait until 2020 and then Beethoven will be flavour of the millennium (as Mozart was in 1991 and 2006).

He's not doing too badly at the moment. John Suchet has drawn attention to the great number of celebrations, books, radio and TV programmes, movies ..... all "without an anniversary in sight."

Comment

We'll all have to wait until 2020 and then Beethoven will be flavour of the millennium (as Mozart was in 1991 and 2006).
                                By that reckoning ought it not to have been and be- 1970, 2027?

He's not doing too badly at the moment. John Suchet has drawn attention to the great number of celebrations, books, radio and TV programmes, movies ..... all "without an anniversary in sight."

Pfffft John Suchet.
                                Ludwig van Beethoven
                                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
                                X