Timelines and Beethoven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timelines and Beethoven

As we know, Beethoven had a habit, as did many, of working on several pieces at the same time. I wonder if there is such a thing as a document, biography or other paper that would give timelines for the different works he was working on (a schedule type of thing, rather than a written list). It must be fascinating to see how this fantastic artistic brain worked. I am always amazed if I see the list of fantastic works he produced (or made public) between 1803-1809, from the Eroica to his 5th Piano Concerto. Just look at that list of opus numbers and what they all have: 4 Symphonies, 2 Piano Concerti, the Violin Concerto, Triple Concerto, and I am not even mentioning the Waldstein (ok, that's 53), Appasionato, the Razumovskys... it is incredible. All this must have been going on in his brain within this time frame and a lot of it is overlapping in time. I think it would be great to see those timelines, but do they exist (even if estimated, I know most of it is not exactly 'dateable'.)
Working...
X