Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone identify this tiny fragment please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone identify this tiny fragment please?

On the youtube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeRrx3IbseM

At 5:14 minutes approx, a keyboard player in a rock band plays a few seconds of classical music in a quiet moment.

Around about the same time someone pointed me at this I heard a similar clip on Radio 4 between programmes and they said it was Beethoven - but did not say which bit of Beethoven's.

This has been niggling at me ever since and when I came across the note I made when tidying up today, I thought "I am going to ask someone before I lose the information forever."

Can anyone identify this? Or am I simply mudding it with something which is not by Beethoven at all?

Thanks for any pointers.

Listened to it, but I cannot place it.

Comment

All I can say is that it's not Beethoven! (Unless someone from the Unheard Beethoven knows it - some early Beethoven fragments can sound Bach-y).

Comment

Ah well back to the drawing board! Thank you both. Maybe Radio 4 was wrong, or I was not hearing what I thought I heard.

Comment

My WAG at a Beethoven tune is a slowed down bit of twiddling
          with Piano Sonata No. 19 in G minor, 2nd movement, 2nd theme.

Comment

Originally posted by glindhot View Post
            My WAG at a Beethoven tune is a slowed down bit of twiddling
            with Piano Sonata No. 19 in G minor, 2nd movement, 2nd theme.
            There's a very, very faint trace of a resemblance. It's so faint it can only be a coincidence. It still sounds like Bach to me.

Comment

Working...
            X