Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Beethoven Society

Dear colleague Beethoven fans,

I have recently decided to become more active on my Beethoven 'fetish', meaning among other things joining this forum... I hope that will be fruitful. Another avenue would be to join the American Beethoven Society. I wonder if anyone else here has joined them and whether it is worth doing so? I asked them about the different levels of membership, but other than the name that comes with the level, there appears to be no difference.

As a second question: are there other Beethoven societies (in Europe for example)? I find it strange that there doesn't seem to be a European version of the ABS....

Opus 26 is today's advice for you. Often underrated.

Albert

The main benefit of belonging to the ABS is getting the Beethoven Journal twice a year (usually, though it can get even more spotty). Paying more is just donating more to it, as you surmised. They do have concerts, mostly in San Jose but occasionally on the east coast as well.

Comment

I like it:

Piano Sonata No.12 in A-flat Major 'Funeral March', Op.26

Comment

Yes, ABS is wonderful! I've been a member for several years. I haven't visited their collections in California yet, but they have marvelous resources online.

Members receive the Society's beautiful journal, which has current research and features relating to the Master. I went with an ABS group to Vienna this year, and it was a superb immersion in all things Beethoven for scholars and laypeople alike.

ABS deserves our support as they attempt to save remaining artifacts from Beethoven's time and to foster love and appreciation of his work, philosophy, and life. :-) Lindegard
        "Just because you're not famous, doesn't mean you're not great!"

Comment

Working...
        X