Form, Thematic writing and Harmonic planning in Late Beethoven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form, Thematic writing and Harmonic planning in Late Beethoven

I am but a lowly undergraduate writing an essay on the above subject. I caught some of a lecture by Darla Crispin yesterday at the Festival hall. She mentioned an 'Ordarno'(wrong spelling I'm sure) as a good source for late Beethoven. Can anyone confirm the correct spelling of this guys name so that I can research it? Any other info greatfully received.

Thanks

Dave B

------------------
    I'm just trying my best!
    I'm just trying my best!

Sorry the only names I can come up with are Tovey, Alan Tyson, Rudolph Reti or Heinrich Schenker.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

My man says that it could be ADORNO (Theodor Wiesengrund). A philosophe, musicologist and german critic born in Frankfurt-am-Main (1903) dead in Switzerland (1969).... I wrote in 1963 something we did not read but called "Quasi una fantasia" (Musikalische Schriften).I was a critic....

------------------
      Claudie
      Claudie

Comment

Sorry, it is not "I was a critic" (and happy not to be !) but "HE" was a critic...

------------------
        Claudie
        Claudie

Comment

Bah, everyone's a critic

Comment

Addorno has come up with some quite wonderful quotes regarding Beethoven. Example: "The opening (horses') trot of the Farewell sonata (op.81a) underscores even more hope than the Four Gospels."

Comment

Working...
            X