Now available on the rare page.
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Originally posted by Peter:
    Now available on the rare page.
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

You lucky unworthy guys have got to download this piece, great music that is always lambasted. Don't listen to anyone who says the King Stephen or Ruins music is lame, this track proves their ignorance. A few weeks back Classic FM dared to play the complete King Stephen music (at midnight it has to be said) and the DJ was forced to admit though he thought the music bizarre, it was 'wonderful'. Get yer old Hungarian national dress out of your wardrobes (I know you all have it somewhere) and get swinging!

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 11-12-2001).]
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      You lucky unworthy guys have got to download this piece, great music that is always lambasted. Don't listen to anyone who says the King Stephen or Ruins music is lame, this track proves their ignorance. A few weeks back Classic FM dared to play the complete King Stephen music (at midnight it has to be said) and the DJ was forced to admit though he thought the music bizarre, it was 'wonderful'. Get yer old Hungarian national dress out of your wardrobes (I know you all have it somewhere) and get swinging!
      I've heard selections from The Ruins of Athens before, and they don't seem awful to me at all, quite the contrary, I like The Ruins of Athens. Interesting side note: at the university I am at, they have a lot of scores available at the library, including The Ruins of Athens and The Glorious Moment, as well as the symphonies, concertos, sonatas, quartets, Fidelio, etc., so if I ever do get to download this, I can actually get a score to follow along with.

Bob

------------------
      Some have said I am ripe for the Madhouse. Does that make me Beethoven? No, but it is interesting.
      Some have said I am ripe for the Madhouse. Does that make me Beethoven? No, but it is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Composer:
        I've heard selections from The Ruins of Athens before, and they don't seem awful to me at all, quite the contrary, I like The Ruins of Athens. Interesting side note: at the university I am at, they have a lot of scores available at the library, including The Ruins of Athens and The Glorious Moment, as well as the symphonies, concertos, sonatas, quartets, Fidelio, etc., so if I ever do get to download this, I can actually get a score to follow along with.

Bob
        The recording in question has the Stephen and Ruins music, and I had trouble selecting which track to use, I would have liked to do 6 or 7 tracks! I tested the mp3 in an internet cafe and it took only about 1.5 minutes to download so you should be able to hear it.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

A very good idea of the piece is given by this recording. But I have heard better.... I think it is also the quality of the sound I get here....
          Thank you to remind this piece to all B.s fans... We are so much occupied with the sonatas, the trios, the quatuors, the symphonies, the concertos, etc, etc that we sometimes forget that it does exist wonderful other things from B.

------------------
          Claudie
          Claudie

Comment

Working...
          X